UKC

manchester climbing centre

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pinkie 23 Oct 2006
whooopeeedoooooo -- sorry folks .i have to shout this out as today i lead a '6a+' on the main overhang -height approx 70ft.... ive been wanting to achieve this by the end of this year and i did it !!!!
i also lead and seconded a couple of steepish routes previous to this- then had a hot chocolate in the cafe -then got up the main overhang ! whooopeeeee... im well chuffed....... its a cool place to go wen its raining.
they sold out of the E11 documentary a day after its release- many people must buying it then !
 UKC Forums 23 Oct 2006
This thread was started in the wrong forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
 SecretSquirrel 23 Oct 2006
In reply to pinkie:
Nice one :0)
Which did you do?
The green at the right of the main steep wall, the blue up its arete and the pink on the next line beside it with the stepped overhangs are all good routes of similar level and if you've climbed one then you should definitely have a go at the others.
 chrisw88 23 Oct 2006
In reply to pinkie: well done mate!! i did that overhang, it is the don!!! love it there. i got E11 dvd from planet fear.com comeing tomorrow!! YAY!!!
OP pinkie 23 Oct 2006
In reply to SecretSquirrel:
ey, i climbed the green route, n blue, then i did a route on the opposite wall- that was steep also ! i did all that in 2hours- so my arms are huge now ! and im no 'young' spring chicken either. but id like to think so...! the bouldering section got some new holdz today, so any interested boulderes-there maybe new routes for you today.
had a go at rochdale climb main overhang last week , that is a toughie as its no where near as high as MCC, but very bulgy on the overhang -so yeah cool .
OP pinkie 26 Oct 2006
In reply to SecretSquirrel:
went back there agin today- showed my son the green route-
soon cracked on again with that.... then only got half way up the 'blue route' - the soddin sun were shining through the 'stain-glass' round window right in my eyes -it were putting me off, so came back down ! did 1 or two more leads on the opposite wall instead. came back with E11 video too so happy watching tonite !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...