UKC

Abandon hope all ye who enter here!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Geoffrey Michaels 24 Oct 2006
This is place without ambition, or should be according to Labour. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6079026.stm
In reply to Donald M: Why would you be linking to a story on the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation Donald?
In reply to Donald M: ...not to mention posting on a UK climbing forum
 hutchm 24 Oct 2006
In reply to Donald M:

McConnell appears to be making the appropriate gesture, though.
Geoffrey Michaels 24 Oct 2006
In reply to dan bailey:

Em, why wouldn't I?
In reply to Donald M: Just a lame attempt at yanking your chain. For once I've actually got more pressing things to do today, so there's no excuse for it at all.

But a thought has just occurred. The Scottish meedja is lamentably shite, in the main. If you got your way and the border actually meant something again, then I assume the BBC, Channel 4 and the few quality UK national papers would end up with significantly less Scottish coverage than the pittance they already have. Where then would we go for real news? the Record? the Sunday Post?

...not intended as a pro-independance argument. Just a hypothetical question.
 Norrie Muir 24 Oct 2006
In reply to dan bailey:
> (In reply to Donald M) Just a lame attempt at yanking your chain.

More like a patronising colonialist statement. What else do we natives need permission from you to post and where to post?
In reply to Norrie Muir: Methinks the natives are getting restless. Naff off Muir, we don't need your type on this thread.
Geoffrey Michaels 25 Oct 2006
In reply to dan bailey:

You are correct, the media is often very aggressive and negative. The Herald is one of the few papers that seems to make an attempt at balanced reporting. Daily Retard is pointless and sales are falling anyway.

That said, if you want Scottish news there is no point trying to read the London Press as they rarely cover politics in Scotland.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...