UKC

NEWS: Neil Dyer's Working Lunch: 8a solo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 26 Oct 2006
"Neil Dyer is a climbers' climber. He has done many hard repeats and routes throughout the World and plays many of them down. Everything seems to be V8 to him whether it is V12 or not. He is currently doing some labouring in V12 Outdoors, Llanberis................"

Mark Reeves gives us the full story in the News.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 andi turner 26 Oct 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

What V12's has he done that he thinks are V8? Or perhaps more importantly what V8's has he been doing!

Sounds like a bloody good lunch break to me, did he have time for his butties?
 LRob 26 Oct 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Yeah but whats he ever done in Parisella's cave?!
OP Michael Ryan 26 Oct 2006
In reply to andi turner:

Done without one of those bouldering cushions as well.

M
In reply to LRob:
> Yeah but whats he ever done in Parisella's cave?!

Everything.
Kinley 26 Oct 2006

What on God's Earth are the spotters going to do if he falls? Nice way to up the injury count: 'I fell off and broke 5 arms!'
In reply to Kinley:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
>
> What on God's Earth are the spotters going to do if he falls? Nice way to up the injury count: 'I fell off and broke 5 arms!'

Giving him moral support.

Dom Orsler 26 Oct 2006

You're so right! I've been in the situation a few times where the spotters way beneath your heels won't do any good, but there's something about them being there that you (foolishly) find supportive. I addition to this, the most important part of you to protect is your head, and even at these heights, spotters can make a huge difference. Broken legs, I think I could cope with, but serious brain damage would really suck arse.
Hotbad Peteel 26 Oct 2006
In reply to Dom Orsler:
>
> ... but serious brain damage would really suck arse.

or possibly liquidised food through a straw
p
In reply to Dom Orsler:
>
> You're so right! I've been in the situation a few times where the spotters way beneath your heels won't do any good, but there's something about them being there that you (foolishly) find supportive. I addition to this, the most important part of you to protect is your head, and even at these heights, spotters can make a huge difference. Broken legs, I think I could cope with, but serious brain damage would really suck arse.

Ass Dom, ass.

Yes....the purpose of spotters in many unroped situations isn't to catch the person but to deflect them/or push them so they keep upright and reduce the chance of a head injury.

lostintranslation85 26 Oct 2006

"I once witnessed him cruise I'm A Bad Bad Boy on the Ormes with a tatty alpine harness and
rock boots that had been resoled a million times."

horrible coincidence that in the same day's news, Todd Skinner's death seems to have been
caused by a tatty harness... I wonder how many of us should really replace our gear more frequently?

oli
Dom Orsler 27 Oct 2006

I do make the effort when posting on UKC to curb my occidental ways. People over here laugh at me for saying 'arse'. Now people over there laugh at me for not saying 'ass'. How about 'elbow'? Can I still say that?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...