UKC

Pete the parking attendant

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John2 31 Oct 2006
There was a brief item on today's Today programme about a car park attendant in Llanberis called Pete who charges English speaking drivers double what he charges Welsh speakers. Anybody know this chap?
 Postmanpat 31 Oct 2006
In reply to John2:
> There was a brief item on today's Today programme about a car park attendant in Llanberis called Pete who charges English speaking drivers double what he charges Welsh speakers. Anybody know this chap?

No,but I'd be marginally surprised if he didn't .

mypyrex 31 Oct 2006
In reply to John2: If this is true I look forward to hearing of appropriate action being taken.
OP John2 31 Oct 2006
In reply to mypyrex: Apparently he is soon to be replaced by a machine. I'm not outraged by it - I find it quite amusing.
 hutchm 31 Oct 2006
In reply to John2:

Apparently the machine has a new version of the 'narrow-minded bigot' setting, which has the additional functionality of discriminating more heavily against 4x4 drivers, people wearing tweed and anyone from Basildon.
 gingerdave13 31 Oct 2006
In reply to John2: ahhh maaan that's just silly,, he only charges what 10p or summat, the machine will blatantly charge 1 pound or more,,
 Tyler 31 Oct 2006
In reply to John2:

I'm sure it's completely true, along with the Welsh only speaking Welsh in front of the English etc. Those bloody Welshys, coming over here... I mean staying over there and .....etc etc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...