UKC

ladies glencoe meet - trip report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Nicola S 06 Nov 2006
Well, didn't we have a lovely time eh girls? No smelly boys, lots of cake and discussion about periods and knitting and swapping of pumpkin recipes. great stuff!

The cottage was very nice- thanks Jo for organising- a bit spartan but we soon remedied that with some nice frilly pink curtains, a few cheery scatter cushions and a couple of well placed doilies. In no time at all we were all best buds, having pillow fights in our pyjamas and painting each others toenails etc.

Of course, we managed to squeeze in some hardcore mountaineering in between the baking and embroidery. Saturday saw some tottering up a mammary-gland shaped hill and some larking around on some other little mountain, which apparently had the surname munroe or something. There was one notable indcident with a broken nail, for which we thought we might have to call out those hunky mountain rescue chaps. Luckily, one particularly well equipped young lassie had with her an acrylic nail kit which saved the day.

Some of us then rounded off the day with tea and buns and a bit of oohing and arghing at pointy metal things at 'the ice factor', which I was disappointed to learn, was not a Torvil and Dean tribute show.

After some fine wines and nourishing cuisine at the public house on saturday night, sunday saw further exciting hillside action with a little skip up up yet more rocky inclines.

There was a distressing moment when one of our ladies broke down in tears on discovering she was having a bad hair day and she had left her cordless hair straightners back at the cottage. We soon cheered her up though after a little chortle at our other pal's hilarious fashion faux pas of twinning a red goretex jacket with a very 'last season' pair of aubergine trousers.

I cannot finish without mentioning the very sweet 2 year old Layla, our mascot for the weekend. After spending the weekend in her adorable company we all decided to pack in this silly mountaineering/climbing thingy and go forth to find our mr D'arcy with which to procreate. I for one will definately be giving up my flighty notions of an independant life, career and leading anything more than a mod so I can fulfil my true role on this earth as a domestic goddess and baby factory.

Thanks girls for a super weekend- does anyone know how to get mud stains out of my jimmy choo satin heels?
Kate Farley 06 Nov 2006
In reply to Nicola S:
>
does anyone know how to get mud stains out of my jimmy choo satin heels?

White wine seems to be the usual UKC solution to domestic spillages. Have you not consulted your Mrs Beeston's 101 tips and tricks for youn ladies tome?
Good summary of a top weekend. cheers Nicola!
 CJD 06 Nov 2006
In reply to Nicola S:

good work
 JoH - Editor 06 Nov 2006
In reply to Nicola S:

<tears of laughter>
 Wonrek 06 Nov 2006
In reply to Nicola S:
>
> does anyone know how to get mud stains out of my jimmy choo satin heels?

Advocaat

PMSL, accurate journalism

Cx

O Mighty Tim 06 Nov 2006
In reply to JoH - Editor: I knew an all girls 'climbing' weekend would ebd in tears.
There's always SOMEONE who has the SAME jacket...

8^)

So, ladies, Those requiring good sound procreative essence, sound out Vlad for my rental rates? I'm available subject to 'er indoors agreeing contract terms.
Government Agencies need not apply.

TTG
 alj 06 Nov 2006
In reply to Nicola S:

Oooh - I'm jealous. My first weekend in my new house stopped me coming. I'm definitely up for the next meet - I really should meet some of the UKC girlies one of these days!

Now - just so that I can get an idea of what to expect if there's another one...... pink satin pjs or spotty cotton ones? And is one weekend long enough to get everyone menstruating in synch? Oooh - and is there reception so that I can phone my better half every five minutes to get manly advice and check he's eating properly?
 JoH - Editor 06 Nov 2006
In reply to alj:
> (In reply to Nicola S)
>
> Oooh - and is there reception so that I can phone my better half every five minutes to get manly advice and check he's eating properly?

I can confirm that both Vodafone and O2 work ok. Unless you accidentally leave them in the oven at Gas Mark 3 for 45 minutes until golden brown. I'm such a simple soul. I really shouldn't be let out alone.

JoH - Editor 06 Nov 2006
In reply to Mike C:
You're quite welcome. I fully expected one back saying you were on top of Beinn Sgurrily Durrily Dubh with L. Now stop being funny. This is a Ladies thread, for Ladies.
 CJD 06 Nov 2006
In reply to JoH - Editor:

sans testiclay.

Rock Fairy 06 Nov 2006
In reply to Nicola S:
Great report.

Layla told me she enjoyed herself, then conked out for 12 hours blissful sleep!

Ta to the girls for helping me to set foot & axe on the ice wall, whilst Terror was doing her Screamer impersonation.

I feel almost human again now
 sutty 06 Nov 2006
In reply to CJD:

>sans testiclay.

MERDE, seulment pour la madonnas avec des grandes boobies;-(
 JoH - Editor 06 Nov 2006
In reply to CJD:

Mais - balls were most certainly demonstrated by some, if not actually physically possessed
 CJD 06 Nov 2006

l'esprit du testiclay, one might say.
Jules B 06 Nov 2006
In reply to Nicola S: Fantastic! Great alternative write-up of our weekend Nic, well done, has brightened up my rather boring day!
 'Hilda' 06 Nov 2006
In reply to Nicola S:

Glad you all had a great time - pink satin PJ's, doilies and ice axes - how very girly!!!

I would have much rather spent the weekend with you all - rather than looking after my neices.

Put my name down for the next one

SonyaD 06 Nov 2006
In reply to Nicola S: Looks like youz had a good time Didn't come cos back still sore on random days, and the prospect of lying tent wasn't too appealing, and I still can't sit for very long, so pub would have been out of question. And can't hillwalk. Was tempted to come for a go at icefactor, but a bit too much money and travel just for a go on the wall. Quite glad I never spent the money actually, cos in a couple of weeks I might be the proud new owner of a pair of B3 boots (only got B2 just now)
 Anni 06 Nov 2006
> (In reply to alj)
> [...]
>
> I can confirm that both Vodafone and O2 work ok. Unless you accidentally leave them in the oven at Gas Mark 3 for 45 minutes until golden brown. I'm such a simple soul. I really shouldn't be let out alone.

Okaaay. Im bringing the foils to the next meet and bleaching your mop so you can at least blame your hair colour next time

Nicola S:

Cracking report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...