UKC

Ellis Brigham Winter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 malc 07 Nov 2006
Anybody else spotted the error with the photographs on pages 14-15 and 26 of the Ellis Brigham Winter 06/07 Equipment Guide.
 Squirrel Bill 07 Nov 2006
In reply to malc: I'm gonna look for it now. don't tell me. let me guess. unless I give up.
In reply to malc: Wait a sec, do you mean the mountain catalouge or the snowsports one?
OP malc 07 Nov 2006
In reply to Squirrel Bill: Mountain Sports
In reply to malc: Top left picture?

Poor belay.
Cliped through the waist of his harness. Not the belay loop
OP malc 07 Nov 2006
In reply to Squirrel Bill: Didnt spot that one! Look again
In reply to malc: I give up. tell me.
In reply to malc: I expect it's obvious. and I'm being retarded.
In reply to Squirrel Bill:

Theres a biner through the harness (leg and hip loops)..

Bad practice as the biner can shatter!
In reply to Lightweight_2005: which picture is that?
In reply to Squirrel Bill:

> which picture is that?

Page 15, top right (see item f), autolock biner..

See also top left on page 26...

Naughty, naughty tut tut...
 cidersoak 07 Nov 2006
In reply to Lightweight_2005:you are so talking shite!! what are you on? give me some...
OP malc 07 Nov 2006
In reply to Lightweight_2005: Look at the harness buckle.
 Frank4short 07 Nov 2006
In reply to Lightweight_2005:
> Theres a biner through the harness (leg and hip loops)..
>
> Bad practice as the biner can shatter!

That is i believe horseshit of a near new level for UKC. If there was any likelyhood whatsover of a crab shattering under normal workig conditions there'd be a whole lot more dead climbers out there. i don't know who taught you that or where it came from but it truely is bullshit.
OP malc 07 Nov 2006
In reply to Frank4short: My point was the buckle of the harness, not the binner.
In reply to Frank4short:
> (In reply to Lightweight_2005)
> [...]
>
> That is i believe horseshit of a near new level for UKC. If there was any likelyhood whatsover of a crab shattering under normal workig conditions there'd be a whole lot more dead climbers out there. i don't know who taught you that or where it came from but it truely is bullshit.

Feck off dickhead...

I meant if it was crossloaded with a rope...

Gobshite

Crofty 07 Nov 2006
In reply to malc: There are quite a few harnesses not doubled back, I quite enjoy their catalogue for a good laugh. Last year I emailed the PR department at EB to tell them about the girl leading a climb, she was hanging on the rope from a draw clipped into a ringbolt, and you've guessed it, not doubled back. The PR guy told me it was not good enough and how EB really take this sort of thing seriously and they would speak to the people doing the shoots. He said the people in the photos are all actually guides and they are in and out of stuff all day long and get a bit ho hum about it. I guess he must of forgotten to give them a call. Also like the sling on the rock spike that one guy is using as an anchor and lack of helmets while ice climbing in a mountain environment, suppose it looks good to people that don't know SH1t.
OP malc 07 Nov 2006
In reply to Crofty: Well spotted. Lets just hope that the 'people that don't know SH1t' dont follow their example!
 Squirrel Bill 08 Nov 2006
In reply to malc: Lesson to be learned.

Don't use EB as a climbing technique book.
soveda not logged on 08 Nov 2006
In reply to Squirrel Bill: have a look at page 33 if you really want a laugh!
 Andy S 08 Nov 2006
In reply to Crofty: Well as you can see from my large post on this thread:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=201372&v=1#3085999

I'm not a HUGE fan of Ellis Brigham!

Andy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...