UKC

climbing holds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Danjou 09 Nov 2006
Just completing my woody and need to know where i can get the best starter kit for holds, was looking at customholds as they seem to be the best buy, has anybody else purchased some holds at a bargain.

Where are those holds?

Cheers.
 Barrington 09 Nov 2006
In reply to Danjou: I recently bought a load holds from Customholds to use on a school wall, I had no problems & good service - I would use them again. All you can say really.
neil.....34 09 Nov 2006
In reply to likklebex:

what is your problem with customholds, have you had a bad experience
Nao 09 Nov 2006
In reply to likklebex:

> I found customholds a bit naff myself, they seem to be cheap rubish and the shapes are crap.

You then go on to say that holdz are cheaper. So how are customholds 'cheap crap'? And you just registered today. Do you perchance work for holdz?

To the OP: I asked this question a while back as I will - eventually - get round to building my own wall, and Customholds were recommended by a lot of people.
 galpinos 09 Nov 2006
In reply to Danjou:

Custon holds do a garage/cellar set which looks good.

Post on ukbouldering or search their forums. They're pretty good at this sort of thing.
 thomasadixon 09 Nov 2006
In reply to Nao:

I've just got some from holdz and they are good, nice and cheap too. Customholds looked too expensive for me.
 Simon S 10 Nov 2006
In reply to thomasadixon: I found Holdz holds way to rough a texture for a home wall, and ended up sand papering them down, cos I was loosing so much skin and couldn't train for long enough on them.
As well as custom holds I like entreprises holds-great texture and non tweaky shapes.
Bleustone are excellent too as are French Rock.
 notsogreen 10 Nov 2006
In reply to Danjou: not sure if your up to the job, but its much easyer then most people think to cast your own holds

a search on google will chuck up a couple of helpful sites

http://www.alumilite.com/index.php?page=show_how&id=54 etc

(then its down to tiranti's for your supplies)
Danjou 10 Nov 2006
Thanks for your feedback everyone, I am gegting a starter pack from customholds of 40 holds to get me started then get more holds when i know what type of holds i will require while setting problems.

Cheers and have a mega wicked weekend.
gary 12 Nov 2006
In reply to Danjou:

These are proper good

www.thehouseofpower.co.uk
OP Anonymous 12 Nov 2006
In reply to gary: they are arn't they... top stuff from what i heard.

C.
MNjones 14 Nov 2006
In reply to Anonymous:

customholds sells via ebay as well as via their website usually substantially cheaper too! #
between me and one or 2 others we have had a few sets from them through ebay.
fantastic service and the guy is friendly and products are very good, and he will also sell you bolts and t-nuts at a competitive price!

An italian guy sometimes also sells on ebay, selling sets of 50 screw ons which are good for crimps and footholds, again, despite being in italy they arrived quickly and are quite impressive too.

hope that helps
acaleyclimber 16 Nov 2006
In reply to Danjou: me and my fella were buying holds for the wall we're building in our loft and we looked at the website for indoor-rock.co.uk. being a bit strapped for cash we took an average per set for each set of holds and found the average price per hold was really varied - some companies were £2 a hold others were upto £12 a hold! i personally love the ranges that HOLDZ do and haven't found them to be too rough for my girly hands. see that they're doing a t-shirt offer at the moment which is a bonus (although i'll be gutted if that's all i get for my christmas from my unimaginative boyfriend!)

Danjou 23 Nov 2006
I ordered from CustomHolds and Holdz and I found that Holdz are very good quality and great value for money and I will be ordering from them in future.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Paul.
Danjou 23 Nov 2006
In reply to Danjou:

oops, i forgot to say that custom holds are also very good quality, i am well pleased with both orders.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...