UKC

Mammut Tusk 10mm x 50m & Rope Bag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
indra 26 Jul 2002
Hi,

I've recently taking up climbing again after a long (12yr) break due to having all my gear stolen at uni

I don't really know what's what anymore and i was hoping someone could advise me on ropes, ascenders, carabiners etc.

Would this Mammut Tusk 10mmX50m be ok for a beginner like me? I'll probably only use it for indoor walls...

Any advice v.gratefully received.

Thanks,

Indra
indra 26 Jul 2002
In reply to myself: this is a beginners question
MikeyD 26 Jul 2002
In reply to indra: I an also a beginner and bought exactly the same from www.rockrun.com. I use it only indoors at the moment and it seems fine. I intended to buy another rope for when I go outdoors where its dry treated etc. but that may be some time off yet due to not knowing anyone who climbs outdoors and I am begrudged to pay £200 for a weekend trip to Plas Y Brenin.

Good luck.
Sarah G 27 Jul 2002
In reply to indra:
I've got one. It is fine to use in any situation. As with any rope, keep a log of any stiffish falls so you retire it at the appropriate moment.

Try to be deciclpined about not standing on your rope, to prolong its life.

Enjoy.
D P Smith 31 Jul 2002
In reply to indra:

I got one when I started. Still use it for everything. It is now down to 35 metres due to someone borrowing it and setting up a toprope badly and managing to get a cut half way through it.

If you avoid top roping on it outdoors (especially on granite) you should be fine - as long as you dont fall.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...