UKC

bishop

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jack the gripper 19 Nov 2006
i want to go climbing in bishop california i know very little about how to get there and where to stay when im there in fact any information at all would be helpfull
Wes 19 Nov 2006
In reply to Jack the gripper:

There was an article about Bishop in one of the last High mags...i'll see if i can dig it out tomorrow n let you know.
 Michael Ryan 19 Nov 2006
In reply to Jack the gripper:

Lots here, including a Staying in Bishop guide....free

http://www.rockfax.com/publications/country.html?id=12

Info.....where to start?

Mick
 mark reeves Global Crag Moderator 19 Nov 2006
In reply to Jack the gripper: Hi Jack

Bishop is situated on the inland side of the sierra mountains that run up the west coast of the US. If you find Yosemite on a map and follow the road over the range you get to mammoth lakes, it is about 50 miles south of there. I got there by hiring a car from LA and driving there, fairly easy drive.

I have also hired a car in merced, the main town near Yosemite and driven the car over toulome meadows. It is a great venue. Boulder all day then drive to a hot spring at night, before retreating to the free campsite (This was a few years ago now but I am sure someone here knows if it is still free). The campsite is like the moon - cold, barren and featureless!

Only spoent a few days there we went to the happy boulders, and the peabody boulders. One was sharp granite the other basalt? Lots of highball problems, like grit routes. See/Ask Mick Ryan's profile pic of the highball bouldering.

There is a great coffee shop and a very relaxed vibe when we were there off season. Just book your tickets and go!
 Stuart S 20 Nov 2006
 Chris Fryer 20 Nov 2006
In reply to Jack the gripper: Bishop - you can't beat it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...