UKC

kendal wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
bezzer555 20 Nov 2006
dose any one know how long it will take to get to the kendal wall from glossop centre.
also what is it like to climb there?
 Joez 20 Nov 2006
In reply to bezzer555: 2 hours maybe, its small, but interesting, you can jump off the top of most routes if you know how to land properly.
 Jack Geldard 20 Nov 2006
In reply to LittleJoe: I'd pay to see you jump off the top of Kendal Wall.

It's about 20m high.
 The Lemming 20 Nov 2006
In reply to LittleJoe:
> (In reply to bezzer555) 2 hours maybe, its small, but interesting, you can jump off the top of most routes if you know how to land properly.

What is it with this fashion of jumping off boulder problems at climbing walls?

Personally I find it very distracting while leading or bouldering near such people. Don't you realise that you are doubling your training excercise by down climbing in a controlled manner?
 Joez 20 Nov 2006
In reply to bezzer555:

haha, indeed you're right I was thinking of Keswick for some unknown reason, Kendal is HUGE and they have the cool stalactite...

my mistake, and you'd have to pay me alot
 Mike Hartley 20 Nov 2006
In reply to LittleJoe:
> (In reply to bezzer555) 2 hours maybe, its small, but interesting, you can jump off the top of most routes if you know how to land properly.

You're mistaking routes for boulder problems Joey.
 Dominion 20 Nov 2006
In reply to bezzer555:

You'll have to do an assessment when you sign in (if it's your first time) - answer some questions in writing, and then get asked something, just to see whether you've been exagerating a bit on the form....
 Dominion 20 Nov 2006
In reply to Dominion:

Oh, and the Stalagmite/Stalactite combo is a must do. I did 3 or 4 warm up routes, and then thrutched my way up whatever was the easiest route (F6a, I think)..

They do have some routes with autobelays, so climbing in a group of three, I was going up those routes when I wasn't belaying or climbing (and being belayed).

You do need to get a member of staff to demonstrate the autobelay system to you before you use it. I still downclimbed the first route I did on it, as I didn't trust it, so test it out before you get too far from the ground. And don't forget to clip in to them!
nell 21 Nov 2006
In reply to bezzer555:
> dose any one know how long it will take to get to the kendal wall from glossop centre.
About 1 1/2 hours

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...