UKC

Fitting berghaus Yeti gaiter on sportiva boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Anyone ever fitted a pair of yeti extreme gaiters to a pair of sportiva boots? Any problems ?

Specifically, the trango extreme evo GTX http://www.snowandrock.com/shop/products/SPV0005.htm

Looking to up the warmth a bit in winter , boot fits perfectly - I just seem to get cold toes

Regards IIM

SCC 27 Nov 2006
In reply to industrialiceman:

Fraid not, but I have a pair of old Yeti's knocking around indoors if you wanted to try it without shelling out the full price?

Si
 link 27 Nov 2006
In reply to industrialiceman:

Yeti Gaiters is one option, its like a workout getting them on though, what socks are you wearing? Also look into thermal insoles. Scarpa do one with magic foil stuff (the technical details elude me) in them which keeps your feet warmer.
In reply to link:

I wear thorlo's mountain socks, and have green superfeet inside.

I'll have a look at the thermal insoles, sound like a good move.

Thanks for the offer of the loan to try them, just found out my brother has an old green pair so gonna wrestle with them !

Maybe just me then, had the same issue with my Sportiva extreme's and thought I was overtightening the laces, cutting circulation - most people say both these boots are toast. Bizarrely it seems to just happen in scotland!

Thanks for the advice , IIM
 TobyA 27 Nov 2006
In reply to industrialiceman: I've used extremities yeti-copies on my Nepal Extremes with no problem, if that's any help.
 Merlin 27 Nov 2006
In reply to industrialiceman: If you've got over a size 9, get the biggest yetis going (XL). As then naturally stretch back to they're original size. But if you get the biggest size, they have less of a tendancy to want to go back to their original form, as your not stretching them too much.

When wearing crampons they'll be fine, but mine slide off in colder weather when just walking without crampons.

Solving this would be either to glue them on, or glue a bit of velcro over the toe of your boot and the inside toe of the yeti.

Or file a groove in the sole of your boot for the toe band of the yeti to sit across. Maybe even avoid cutting this off in the first place, just see how long it lasts without in wearing through (Short term solution).

All the best!
In reply to Merlin:

Thanks all. In response to my own post - got hold of some Yeti's and they fit very well.

What an absolute bugger to fit though !

The rubber rand on the boot makes it fit really snug (size 44 with Large yeti) with no movement of the yeti rubber bit, tried with both sets of crampons, BD cyborgs and my trusty C2 petzl charlet 12 pointers with no trouble at all.

Lets see if that warms things up a bit ! regards IIM

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...