UKC

Top 40 Posters

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 27/May/01 to 03/Jun/01.

Pos     Author

1 =    Al Evans

2 =    jude calvert-toulmin

3 +15  john

4 + 3  TobyA

5 + 5  k sutcliffe

6 - 2  Kate

7 +19  Adam Lincoln

8 - 1  willyb

9 - 4  Horse

9 +    Marc Elliott

You can view the full top 40 and search the forums for all messages written by your 'favourite' author.
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 03/Jun/01 to 10/Jun/01.

Pos     Author

1 + 2  jude calvert-toulmin

2 - 1  Al Evans

3 +29  Dave

4 +    jude

5 +14  almost sane

6 - 4  john

7 + 2  Horse

8 - 4  sutty

9 + 1  willyb

10 +    andy

You can view the full top 40 and search the forums for all messages written by your 'favourite' author.
Fraser 10 Jun 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:

I've got to say, I think this top 40 idea is a bit lame and ill-considered.

IMHO, it just encourages people to post rubbish, purely to get another 'notch on the stick' and vie for the #1 position etc. There are already more than enough crap posts on here, (eg, "pithy" one-liners such as "nice one", or "I agree") and I think this only serves to exacerbate the situation.

Was it Alan James who suggested folk going to IRC or ICQ to conduct these more personal chats? I think he has a fair point.

Sorry about the moan, but I feel quite strongly about this one.

Cheers

Fraser
Jonathan 10 Jun 2001
In reply to Fraser: "IMHO, it just encourages people to post rubbish, purely to get another 'notch on the stick' and vie for the #1 position etc. There are already more than enough crap posts on here, (eg, "pithy" one-liners such as "nice one", or "I agree") and I think this only serves to exacerbate the situation. "

Rubbish.

Nick Smith 10 Jun 2001
In reply to Nick Smith: well, for the first week since we've been doing the top 40, Al Evans has been knocked off the top spot! jct forges ahead to 1st place by quite a margin, and where has Kate gone? Has she abandoned us for a certain other message forum?

Cheers
jude calvert-toulmin 10 Jun 2001
In reply to Jonathan: nice one jonathan. i agree
 Chris Fryer 10 Jun 2001
In reply to Fraser: Sorry to say this Fraser, but Arse. Do you really think people are that bothered about where they are in the Top 40? We are all pretty mindless, bujt not that mindless
mbh 10 Jun 2001
In reply to Chris Fryer:

Two suggestions for these boards:

1. To everybody: Think twice before you start a new thread. See first if there isn't an existing thread on the theme you want to discuss. New threads push existing ones out of sight.

2. To Alan : Start a new folder/board for chat. It will only be a click away, like the gear board, so nobody should mind. They do this on the guardianunlimited boards and I think it works well. The chat threads flourish, usually under the name of a pub, bothy, or bar on the Copacobana and they each get axed if noone post on them after a couple of days, rather than the couple of weeks or more grace given to threads elsewhere. They also don't clog up the rest of the board.

cheers
Mike
jude calvert-toulmin 11 Jun 2001
In reply to mbh: good ideas mbh. i also think it might be an idea to limit how many new threads people are allowed to start a week to avoid repeats of "Justin's Jolly Jaunt on Rocktalk" where he got stoned, came in here and started 20 threads in a day under various names but all with the same internet connection. Three threads a week per person would be adequate. I only need one because most of mine are so popular anyway. How about that for an idea? A separate board for chat's no good though. People do talk lightheartedly even in the most serious threads. What is chat anyway? How do you define it? I think the climbing media system works well, where people choose a symbol to define the nature of the thread. And how many of them are chat threads? about 90%

i am embarrased to be top of the rocktastic pops. it means im not doing enough paid work.
Al Evans 11 Jun 2001
In reply to jude calvert-toulmin: Congratulations Jude!!
jude calvert-toulmin 11 Jun 2001
In reply to Al Evans: very funny.
willyb 11 Jun 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:

I was trying to find the Dogs fred but it was so far back i couldn't find it and who'd have noticed what i was saying anyway. I didn't want to start a new thread to make my point so here we go =

Would the Tw@ with the dog at Froggatt please leave it at home, as it does state quite clearly.
In reply to willyb:

If you're looking for a thread and can't find it then simply go to the super soaraway datastic "Search Messages" tab on the LH menu (in UKClimbing, at least; or just the "Search Messages" link at the top of the page on Rocktalk). There you can enter "Dogs" in the text to search - maybe "Dogs Froggatt" to be precise.

That'll find the thread, you can put your comment at the end and bingo, it'll be back at the top of the listings of active threads.

Charles
steveP 11 Jun 2001
In reply to Charles Arthur, UKC editor:
bad luck for Martin P, who seems to have been most prolifc thread starter (and some good ones Martin) but hasn't made it to the top 10 posters
SteveP
 sutty 11 Jun 2001
In reply to Charles Arthur, UKC editor:I was looking for some threads at the weekend and realized that if you know someone in the top 40 posted on it go to their name, click on It and all the things they have contributed to will come up.
Fraser 16 Jun 2001
In reply to Chris Fryer:

Sad to say, but i think certain parties in here do. As I said, it was only my opinion but have spoken to plenty of others who agree.

In reply to Jonathan:

That was a very insightful, thought-provoking, cogent argument displayed there. Congratulations.

Fraser
Jonathan 16 Jun 2001
In reply to Fraser: I'm glad it helped. I've often thought that the short, straight to the point answers are often the best.
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 10/Jun/01 to 17/Jun/01.

Pos     Author

1 + 1  Al Evans

2 - 1  jude calvert-toulmin

3 + 6  willyb

4 + 1  john

5 + 6  Graham

6 + 1  Horse

7 + 3  andy

8 + 7  Martin P

9 +    Vdiff Dave

10 - 6  jude

jude calvert-toulmin 17 Jun 2001
In reply to Nick Smith: hey, johnny dawes is in the top 40! cool! awlrght!
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 17/Jun/01 to 24/Jun/01.

Pos     Author

1 =    Al Evans

2 + 2  john

3 - 1  jude calvert-toulmin

4 + 7  sutty

5 +30  PaulJ

6 =    Horse

7 +20  John

8 + 5  Raven

9 +31  Lucy

9 +    Tom O

jude calvert-toulmin 24 Jun 2001
In reply to Nick Smith.

phew. at last, im going down.
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 24/Jun/01 to 01/Jul/01.

Pos     Author

2 +27  Graham

3 + 3  Horse

4 - 3  Al Evans

5 - 3  john

6 - 1  PaulJ

7 - 3  sutty

8 +24  Jonathan

9 + 6  jude

10 =    Adam Lincoln

Vdiff Dave 01 Jul 2001
Whatever happened to 'Kate'?

She used to be up there with Jude and Al Evans.

I hope she didn't die at Caley, trying to lead 'Boot Crack'

Or maybe she was too traumatised by my cat story.

Come back Kate, and tell us about your woes.
jude calvert-toulmin 01 Jul 2001
In reply to Vdiff Dave: she's sulking.

f*&k i really did not want to be number 1. b*&locks.
Sharkey Boy 01 Jul 2001
In reply to jude calvert-toulmin:

you'll have to stop posting so many messages jude...

i know its hard, but try to limit yourself :-P

Sharkey Boy
In reply to Sharkey Boy: i like seeing myself in print. every time i see my name on the screen i think im a proper published author. oh. i am arent i?

well i always do everything to extremes, maybe thats the reason.
Sharkey Boy 01 Jul 2001

i also do things to extremes, and i have to agree with you, its really great seeing your name printed on the screen - makes you feel all happy inside

Sharkey Boy
In reply to Sharkey Boy: come on then, we're all waiting for this pic of you and your pet beanie shark! get a mate with a digi-cam to do one and upload it soon!
Sharkey Boy 01 Jul 2001

Sorry to disappoint Jude, but I haven't got a digicam, and I live miles from any of my friends
I'll have to take it the old fashioned way and scan it in

Sharkey Boy
 Vdiff Dave 02 Jul 2001
Are you shy?
Sharkey Boy 02 Jul 2001
In reply to Vdiff Dave:

Er, to put it short VDiff Dave....YES!

Sharkey Boy
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 01/Jul/01 to 08/Jul/01.

Pos     Author

1 =    jude calvert-toulmin

2 + 2  Al Evans

2 + 5  sutty

4 +32  Sharkey Boy

5 +    jo

6 - 3  Horse

7 + 3  Chris Fryer

8 - 3  john

9 - 3  PaulJ

10 +15  DaveR

almost sane 08 Jul 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:

"your 'favourite' author."

Do I hear an idea being floated?

Who is Rocktalk's 'favourite' author?
Sharkey Boy 09 Jul 2001
In reply to almost sane:

How on earth did I manage to get 4th in the 10 most profilic contributors?
I don't post that many messages much do I?

Sharkey Boy
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 08/Jul/01 to 15/Jul/01.

Pos     Author

1 +    BrianT

2 + 3  jo

3 - 1  sutty

4 - 2  Al Evans

5 + 4  PaulJ

6 + 7  Adam Lincoln

7 - 2  Horse

8 +    John

9 + 5  Bob

10 + 1  Dave Collier

jude calvert-toulmin 15 Jul 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:

phew.

that's because i've been having so much fun, you know, coming off a race track into the gravel pit at a hundred and twenty in a TVR Tuscan, cacking my pants taking corners at a tonne in a Caterham, (only as a passenger i might add) jumping in and out of other rather juicy sports cars and lunching all over Derbyshire, that sort of thing. sigh
Dave Collier 15 Jul 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:

Oh no, Jude was right, I am spending too much time in front of the computer......

I'll have to cool it off.
Al Evans 15 Jul 2001
In reply to Nick Smith: How can this possibly be true? I've been asleep all week. Is there a conspiracy here???
 Horse 15 Jul 2001
In reply to Al Evans:

It must have been the champagne.
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 15/Jul/01 to 22/Jul/01.

Pos     Author

1 + 2  sutty

2 + 5  Horse

3 + 9  jude calvert-toulmin

4 + 5  Bob

5 + 3  John

6 +31  andy

7 - 3  Al Evans

8 +18  Chris Fryer

9 +25  Marc C.

10 +    Willyb

Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 22/Jul/01 to 29/Jul/01.

Pos     Author

2 +    JOHN DUNNE

3 + 6  Marc C.

4 + 9  Tom O

5 - 4  sutty

6 + 2  Chris Fryer

7 +11  Dave Collier

8 + 4  almost sane

9 +    Vdiff Dave

10 + 3  Adam Lincoln

jude calvert-toulmin 29 Jul 2001
In reply to Nick Smith: that is so funny. i am only not cringing in embarrassment to be back at the top because i am in such fine company hur hur
Dave Collier 29 Jul 2001

It's the only way I get to be the highest climber. Isn't life sad?
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 29/Jul/01 to 05/Aug/01.

Pos     Author

1 +24  jo

3 + 3  Chris Fryer

4 +11  Marc C.

5 +20  stonemaster

6 +19  BrianT

7 +12  Bob

8 +    PaulJ

9 - 4  sutty

10 +    Horse

jude calvert-toulmin 05 Aug 2001
In reply to Nick Smith: yesssssssss! i knew she would save me! at last i can RESIGN!
jo 05 Aug 2001

Gosh, swoon, *clasping award tightly in my mitts*

I'd like to thank my mum, my trainer, my agent, my friends..........simper simper simper.......

(by the way don't head north, raining! weekend plans ditched so going to wall.
Tim the Grey 06 Aug 2001
In reply to jo: Go get a life, Jo! Too much time on these things makes yer eyes go funny....
HEHEHE!!!!

Tim
jude calvert-toulmin 06 Aug 2001
In reply to Tim the Grey: ah but Tim, whilst you are missing bumping into her in Arran, Jo has now got an inbox bursting with other invitations
Chris Fryer 06 Aug 2001
In reply to jude calvert-toulmin: Left Clutching the Bronze again. I think there should be seperate categories for the birds and the blokes. After all women are more naturally predisposed to talking
South Devon Rock Hugger 06 Aug 2001
In reply to Chris Fryer:

Cunning - un-registering. That'll keep you off the list!
jude calvert-toulmin 06 Aug 2001
In reply to Chris Fryer: chris baby. you are kidding! look at the unadulterated joy me jo and the lads had on brian Ts movie thread today! and look at the way that New Kate is spunkily sticking up for herself on the End Of The Affair thread!

without women the world would be dull, dull, dull. and without men too!
 Chris Fryer 10 Aug 2001
In reply to jude calvert-toulmin: I am not compaining about the women being here, I am just saying there should be top 40 womens posters and top 40 mens posters. It would be a bit unfair having men and women complete in athletics, as men are (generally) better than women. Women are better at gabbing, that all.

In reply to SDRH: My usual PC was on the blink, so I had to use my laptop for a while. Honest!
WillyB 10 Aug 2001
In reply to Chris Fryer:

Also bare in mind there are alot more male psoters than women, but from what i can gather you'd only need a top 20 for the lady's.
Michaelw 10 Aug 2001
In reply to WillyB:
being in the top 40 should be regarded as a Warning, in the top 10 as a Written Warning, and in the Top 10 as a Final Warning!

:@}
jude calvert-toulmin 10 Aug 2001
In reply to Michaelw: couldnt agree more MichaelW. i just want to crawl under a stone every time im in the top 10 - it makes me feel like a sad loser wasting my life away and *not even getting paid for it* like so many of you in here are doing!
jo 10 Aug 2001

Hey I may be sad git sitting here prattling around with work whilst posting almost continuously but i'm happy.......I like you lot (mostly) and so there!!!!!!

childish tantrum coming on here!
 Vdiff Dave 11 Aug 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:

Do you think you do make a rolling graph of how the number of postings has evolved while you've been keeping records? I think it might be interesting to see where in the week/day it would peak, and if it was affected by the weather.
jude calvert-toulmin 11 Aug 2001
In reply to jo: im happy too and have made some great real life and email friends through rocktalk - that birthday thread yesterday and all the emails i got off rocktalk people to say happy birthday really cheered me up and made me feel all warm and cosy inside!

but i do feel i am addicted to rocktalk and any kind of addiction makes me uncomfortable with myself, that's all.

i guess it has a very positive function though. if you are stuck at work/home whatever feeling bored, lonely and stale, by going on rocktalk you can instantly jump into a social pool and feel refreshed and invigorated, which can only be a good thing.
jo 11 Aug 2001

sort of like a coca cola really
jude calvert-toulmin 11 Aug 2001
In reply to jo: exactly jo. since times were hard i stopped filling my bath with champers and often jump into a cool refreshing tub of pepsi max you have to make sure the dogs arent waiting for you to jump out though........
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 05/Aug/01 to 12/Aug/01.

Pos     Author

1 + 1  jude calvert-toulmin

2 + 4  BrianbloodyT, now stop asking!

3 + 6  sutty

4 - 3  jo

5 + 5  Horse

6 - 1  stonemaster

7 +16  Vdiff Dave

8 +    TobyA

9 +    john cox

10 + 1  Michaelw

jo 12 Aug 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:

Har har har! I can now go back to living my life as a hermit! My work here is done!
jude calvert-toulmin 12 Aug 2001
oh no not again

Chris Fryer 12 Aug 2001
In reply to jude calvert-toulmin: And I have a life again! Actually my PC was playing up.
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 12/Aug/01 to 19/Aug/01.

Pos     Author

1 +    Naomi

3 - 1  BrianT

4 + 1  Horse

5 + 7  Marc C

6 +    adele

7 - 4  sutty

8 - 2  stonemaster

9 + 9  Sloper

10 +    Dave Collier

Dave Collier 19 Aug 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:

Oh no! And I was sure I was trying to kick the habit quite well....
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 19/Aug/01 to 26/Aug/01.

Pos     Author

1 + 7  stonemaster

2 +30  sim

3 + 1  Horse

4 + 9  Chris Fryer

5 =    Marc C

6 +12  jo

7 + 2  Sloper

8 + 9  andy flint

8 +    BrianT

10 + 1  Dave Collier

Dave Collier 28 Aug 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:

Last week I was at 10 and yet this week I am at 10 + 1 - how can this be, something wrong with the computer programme methinks.
sim 28 Aug 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:

christ i gotta get out more!
jo 28 Aug 2001
In reply to sim:

I moved up 12 places and I wasnt even here???????????????
andy r 28 Aug 2001
In reply to jo:

thats impressive- good effort!
jo 28 Aug 2001
In reply to andy r:

cheers andy......didnt know i had it in me
 TW@ 30 Aug 2001
Will I ever get on the board, or is it just like my climbing, going nowhere!!
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 26/Aug/01 to 02/Sep/01.

Pos     Author

1 + 3  Chris Fryer

2 + 4  jo

3 +    TW@

4 +    BrianT

5 - 4  stonemaster

6 +    Graham

6 + 1  Sloper

8 +    sutty

9 + 1  Dave Collier

10 - 8  yoda

jo 02 Sep 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:

oh for god sake..........
 Chris Fryer 03 Sep 2001
In reply to jo: Right, I'm outta here, my work here is done. I gotta get my shit together.
SammyB 03 Sep 2001
In reply to Chris Fryer:

Hey look! A couple more and I would be better than Yoda! Thats like one of my lifetime achievements I think. Sadly I have also out-talked Naomi and Adele
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 02/Sep/01 to 09/Sep/01.

Pos     Author

1 +35  Kev

2 =    jo

3 +12  Oliver Cromwell

4 +    Faff, King of All England, Scotland but

5 +21  andy flint

6 + 7  Horse

7 +    Stu T

8 + 9  Hugh Janus

9 +13  Queen Nim of the North

10 - 9  Chris Fryer

TW@ 10 Sep 2001
In reply to Nick Smith: I'll have to try harder this week, I feel like Westlife, going from number 3 to nowhere in the space of a week.

I guess that's being back at school for you!!
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 09/Sep/01 to 16/Sep/01.

Pos     Author

1 =    Kev

2 =    Jo

3 +15  brendonTendon

4 +    john cox

5 +    AndrewB

6 - 3  Al Evans

6 +    michaelw

8 + 8  Hindu

8 + 1  Queen Nim of the North

10 =    stonemaster

Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 16/Sep/01 to 23/Sep/01.

Pos     Author

1 + 1  Barbarian Queen of Scottish Hordes

2 + 6  Queen Nim of the North

3 +    jude calvert-toulmin

4 + 2  Al Evans

5 +33  Chris Fryer

6 +12  Stuart Wood

7 + 5  Adam Lincoln

8 +    Dan Jones

9 + 6  andy flint

10 - 1  stonemaster

AndrewB 23 Sep 2001
In reply to SammyB:
I know mate, whats your excuse to have out talked 2 girls?
I must do some work next week, I cannot believe I hit number 5.
Faff 24 Sep 2001
In reply to AndrewB:

Looks like the Barbarian Queen is on top again.
Barbarian Queen of Scottish Hord 24 Sep 2001
In reply to Faff:

Yes, I am....where I like it!

now enough double en tendre! i'm off to post something serious? *£$@!!!
 CENSORED 24 Sep 2001
In reply to Faff: Yeah, but how much of it is due to spurious postings like this one?
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 23/Sep/01 to 30/Sep/01.

Pos     Author

1 +32  sim

2 + 3  Chris Fryer

3 - 2  JO

4 +11  Ads

4 + 9  sutty

6 + 1  Adam Lincoln @ Home

7 + 5  Hindu

8 +12  Mike Whittaker

9 - 7  Naomi

10 - 6  Al Evans

Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 30/Sep/01 to 07/Oct/01.

Pos     Author

1 + 7  Mike Whittaker

2 =    Chris Fryer

3 + 9  jude calvert-toulmin

4 - 3  sim

5 +18  andy flint

5 + 6  brendonTendon

5 +17  Horse

5 +10  John Cox

5 - 1  sutty

10 =    Al Evans

Jo Macleod 07 Oct 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:

I think congratulations are in order - to ME!

I'm not in the top 10 this week.......all that hard work paid off! yahooooo!
 sutty 07 Oct 2001
In reply to Jo Macleod: Posted 51 this week to 95 last and only drop one place. Last week I wouldn't have made the top ten, about fourteen and there I am again,sod.
sim 07 Oct 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:

thank god i'm going down!
Dave Collier 08 Oct 2001
In reply to sim:

I'm not on at all and in fact seem to have lost my ? link - sliding into obscurity.....
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 07/Oct/01 to 14/Oct/01.

Pos     Author

1 +13  Jo Macleod

2 =    Chris Fryer

3 +    CENSORED

4 +14  TobyA

5 =    brendonTendon

6 - 1  sutty

7 - 2  John Cox

8 - 4  sim

9 +19  Tim, the Grey one.

10 +22  Guy

Jo at her mums 14 Oct 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:

damn!
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 14/Oct/01 to 21/Oct/01.

Pos     Author

1 =    Jo at her mums

2 + 5  John Cox

3 =    CENSORED

4 +14  Mike Whittaker

5 +27  jude calvert-toulmin

6 +18  Stefan Kruger

7 - 5  Chris Fryer

8 +    Graham

8 +    Lucy

10 +    DaveR

Jo - Omnipotent Deity 21 Oct 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:

Now theres a surprise....
queen ads of the midlands and th 21 Oct 2001
In reply to Jo - Omnipotent Deity: its becoming a habit now.
Jo - Mortal again - (Day off) 21 Oct 2001
In reply to queen ads of the midlands and the south:

refer to 'proudest moments ' thread for expanation....good to see her Royal Highness on the go again!
Chris Fryer 21 Oct 2001
Result!!! Bit of abstinence helped.
Adam Lincoln @ Home 21 Oct 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:
Finally! I have not made the top 40!!!

I have my life back!
Removed User 22 Oct 2001
In reply to Adam Lincoln @ Home:

envy and jealousy are emotions i rarely experience. well......i do envy my best friend karen's beautiful climbing style, oakaley, i'll admit that......but i actually envy you (and not just for yer fit bod i LUST after not making the top 40!
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 21/Oct/01 to 28/Oct/01.

Pos     Author

1 =    Jo - Omnipotent Deity

2 =    John Cox

3 +26  gingerkate

4 =    Mike Whittaker

5 +    tobyfk

6 +    Adam Lincoln

7 + 9  brendonTendon

8 + 4  Horse

8 +24  Jamie B

8 +    Porky

Adam Lincoln 29 Oct 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:

Arghh, cant be true, I didnt post that many!
Jo 29 Oct 2001
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

Wouldn't worry about it adam, I wasn't even here hardly and still managed No.1 spot again.......methinks this is a mind game played by our hosties!
Rupert 29 Oct 2001
In reply to Jo: bit embarrassing isnt it jo?
Jo 29 Oct 2001
In reply to Rupert:

nope. don't bother me a bit. I'm sad and proud of it!
Nim - deregistered again! 29 Oct 2001
In reply to Jo: "wasn't even here hardly"

LOL - Jo you LIVE here!!!!
Jo 29 Oct 2001
In reply to Nim - deregistered again!:

I know...and what a lovely warm fuzzy wubbly place it is to live!
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 28/Oct/01 to 04/Nov/01.

Pos     Author

1 +20  Dave Collier

2 - 1  Jo

3 =    illkate

4 +12  Chris Fryer

5 +23  Marc C

6 +10  Mick

7 + 1  Horse

7 +    Miles

9 +    NickS

10 - 8  John Cox

JO 04 Nov 2001
Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave...........

ROFLMFAO!
 Michael Ryan 05 Nov 2001
In reply to JO:

Jeez. I'm in there. Better get back to work.

Mick
andy flint 05 Nov 2001
In reply to Mick:

Got any calenders left?

Giz one, go on giz one,,please,please,please.
 Michael Ryan 05 Nov 2001
In reply to andy flint:

That Liz girl hasn't delivered yet.

Mick
Liz 05 Nov 2001
In reply to andy flint:

Which ones did you want, the 2001, or the 2002? Men's or Women's? I got so many I don't know what to do with them.
Liz 05 Nov 2001
In reply to Mick:

Clearly my browser doesn't refresh quick enough!

May I also remind you that you didn't ORDER any, so how was I supposed to know to deliver?

I will send a couple as Christmas presents to your office. Only 'cause you paved the way for me as Shameless Promoter.

Address?
andy flint 05 Nov 2001
In reply to Mick:

Errmmm, yes, well, I`m sure she will eventually!?

I`m touched that you feel you can reveal such personal details to me, but I really only wanted a calender!!
andy flint 05 Nov 2001
In reply to Liz:

2002, the one with the women.

Btw, are they free?
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 04/Nov/01 to 11/Nov/01.

Pos     Author

1 +15  stonemaster

2 + 1  gingerkate

3 - 1  JO

4 +13  brendonTendon

5 - 4  Dave Collier

6 + 1  Horse

7 + 2  John Cox

8 - 4  Chris Fryer

9 +    TobyA

10 - 4  Mick

Jo 11 Nov 2001
Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes!

all this training paying off!
 gingerkate 12 Nov 2001
In reply to Jo: LOL! I was awaiting the top 40 with trepidation, I thoughtI'd never get away with gettingin to THREE arguments, plus allthe usual nattering. But stonemaster saved me! Big hugs to you,stonemaster!
Removed User 12 Nov 2001
In reply to Nick Smith: hur hur hur still posting, no lurking, but managing to skate a fine line keeping out of the top 40. big cheesy one
Marc C 12 Nov 2001
In reply to Jo: I like to think (self-delusion?) that The Top 40 is a bit like the music Top 40 - i.e. the top ten and number one are filled with music-lite muzak for the teenie masses, whereas the lower reaches (e.g. no. 35) are sprinkled with real music from 'quality', innovative, stimulating and intellectually-serious mavericks ?

WWell, I LIKE to think it anyway !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jo 12 Nov 2001
In reply to Marc C:

Well, and I am speaking only for myself here, but I like to think (self delusion?) that my posts ARE " music-lite muzak for the teenie masses".....god help me the day I say something serious! I pride myself on the fact that since i have been lurking and posting (some years now) that I have resisted the temptation (its been hard) to answer or post ANY serious threads at all! By god man! what do you think this is..a climbng site?

sutty 12 Nov 2001
In reply to jude calvert-toulmin: Not in the top twenty for three weeks Jude, thought you had gone on holiday to Bermuda again.
Removed User 13 Nov 2001
In reply to sutty: very funny actually i was wondering where you were too, that's one reason ive been posting less, cause you've not been around to antagonise Bermuda, that's where la Birchill went wasn't it not quite as loaded as her sutty, we havent had a holiday for 13 years, as im always banging on about!
Removed User 13 Nov 2001
In reply to Marc C: lol. bang on mate being number one on rocktalk on several occasions was almost depressing, it just made me realise how much i was tossing it off instead of getting stuff done. im much happier being more self-disciplined with my spare time and in 3 weeks of hardly being on rocktalk ive re-decorated two of the childrens' rooms and completely metamorphosised our bedroom into something vaguely reminiscent of some of the sets last night on Steve Coogan's Dr Terrible's House of Horrible (the sumptuous bits anyway

adam lincoln was number one on rocktalk once wasn't he? now he IS a teeny idol, believe me, phwoar!!!
Jo 13 Nov 2001
In reply to Marc C:

and OI! I managed to hold down a full time job, look after my three kids and partner and dog, keep the house clean and tidy, go climbing lots and have a social life and STILL manage to be number one poster! Its all about time management ...and being used to working long hours for years.
 gingerkate 13 Nov 2001
In reply to Jo: You'll have to give me lessons! Everytime I get into a row on rocktalk my house turns into a sort of swamp of unhoovered floors and dirty dishes......
Jo 14 Nov 2001
In reply to gingerkate:

Ah but Kate, you have a wee one at home and that cuts down your time available anyhow, I have all three at school so when i clean up in the morning it stays like that till 4pm at least! And unwashed dishes! Jeez! Don't worry about them! If you're having fun or involved in something then sod em, they can be done later!
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 11/Nov/01 to 18/Nov/01.

Pos     Author

1 + 6  John Cox

2 - 1  stonemaster

3 =    Jo

4 +    james evans

5 + 3  Chris Fryer

6 + 5  Sloper

7 + 2  TobyA

8 - 6  gingerkate

9 + 3  John Kirk

10 +    jude calvert-toulmin

Al Evans 19 Nov 2001
In reply to Nick Smith: Aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh! James has got into the top ten, The family shame!!!!!! However this is a bit offset by the fact that Jude is in there too. Ha Ha Ha! Its a bit worrying that I'm only in 14th place. Acually if me and James and Nicky could fill the top three places, Oh , the kudos !!!
andy r 19 Nov 2001
In reply to Al Evans:

youre not getting out enough are you
Al Evans 20 Nov 2001
In reply to andy r: Youre probably right, sorry.
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 18/Nov/01 to 25/Nov/01.

Pos     Author

1 +13  Al Evans

2 + 1  Jo

3 - 2  John Cox

4 + 6  jude calvert-toulmin

5 =    Chris Fryer

6 +23  CENSORED

7 - 5  stonemaster

8 +14  baz

9 + 8  Keith_D

10 + 6  Horse

Al Evans 25 Nov 2001
In reply to Nick Smith: Oh no! How has this happened, I've been out of the top ten for weeks, the addiction must be creeping back up on me, either that or work demands are slowing down and I'm getting bored!
 CENSORED 25 Nov 2001
In reply to Nick Smith: I can't have had enough work to do this week!!
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the ROCKTALK message board for the week, in order of number of postings, from 25/Nov/01 to 02/Dec/01.

Pos     Author

1 + 1  Jo

2 + 4  CENSORED

3 - 2  Al Evans

4 + 4  Baz

4 +    Geoff

6 + 5  Mike Whittaker

7 +20  gingerkate

8 +    John2

9 + 7  uncle albert

10 + 4  Adam Lincoln

Tim 02 Dec 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:

Graded lists of one sort or another must be a great idea cause everyone does them, climbers, the goverment etc. (sarcastic) Got me thinking though - league tables for schools were originally flawed because they went on exam results not value added.

Strikes me that a better list for rockfax would be value added contributions for each thread i.e expose the many who write the most crap.
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the UKClimbing forums for the week, in order of number of postings, from 02/Dec/01 to 09/Dec/01.

PositionPosted byThis weekLast week
1+ +2Al Evans ?116120
2+ +5sutty10763
3+ +14Sloper ?10544
4- -3Jo ?94153
5+ +19Graham ?8537
6- -1Baz7679
7+jude calvert-toulmin ?73 
8+ +15Santa Palmer-Tomkinson-Sebag-Mon ?6338
9+ +27Chris Fryer ?5925
10+James Evans51 

sutty 09 Dec 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:
Well I never, the old gits have been sat on the bench outside the pub all week gabbing away to get the garrullous and most loquatious persons of the week.
The alcoholics just can't stand the pace.
 Dave Garnett 10 Dec 2001
In reply to Nick Smith:

So, is there going to be an end of year summary? Is there a prize for Windbag of the Year? Maybe there should be special mentions for Longest Post, Most Ridiculous Non Sequitur, Most Crushing Repost(e), Most Surreal Flight of Fantasy by a Manchester-Based Sociologist and (perhaps the most competitive category) Most Shameless Self-Publicist?

Al Evans 10 Dec 2001
In reply to Dave Garnett: Oy Garnett! You trying to say something? You and me, bottom of Oxwich Quarry, NOW.
 Dave Garnett 10 Dec 2001
In reply to Al Evans:

Al, Al, I cast no aspersions in any particular direction. I await the results with hushed anticipation. Ideally they should be announced in reverse order. Who shall we get to open the golden envelope whilst vainly struggling to avoid falling out of their strapless dress?
 Al Evans 10 Dec 2001
In reply to Dave Garnett: Well who would we? but who would give Jude her own prize?
 Horse 10 Dec 2001
In reply to Al Evans:

How about Sutty?
 Al Evans 10 Dec 2001
In reply to Horse: But will we get a strapless dress to fit him?
 sutty 10 Dec 2001
In reply to Al Evans: Laughing out loud, my wife said shut up.
Still got my deckchair canvas that I wear in carnivals,..................doh, its too small for me now.

look in wanted in a mo.
Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the UKClimbing forums for the week, in order of number of postings, from 16/Dec/01 to 23/Dec/01.

1+ +2jo ?102101
2+ +3sutty ?7485
3+ICE 'B' ?71 
4- -3Universal Soldier ?59133
5+ +32hoseyb ?5018
5- -3MJH ?50117
7- -3Rob Naylor ?48100
8+Bradford John47 
8+ +27Chris Fryer ?4720
10+ +2Al Evans ?4455

Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the UKClimbing forums for the week, in order of number of postings, from 30/Dec/01 to 06/Jan/02.

1+ +3sutty ?8133
2+ +29jo ?766
3+ +2gingerkate ?7522
4+Vdiff Dave ?45 
5+Chris Fryer ?44 
6+ +25andy f ?416
6+Tim ?41 
8+ +9ICE 'B' ?379
9+baz ?36 
10+Nick Smith ?33 

Here are the 10 most prolific contributors to the UKClimbing forums for the week, in order of number of postings, from 06/Jan/02 to 13/Jan/02.

1+ +1jo ?18576
2+ +1gingerkate ?18075
3- -2sutty ?10181
4+Graham ?80 
5+ +15MJH ?7422
6+ +6Dave Collier ?7230
7+ +10Mike Whittaker ?6725
8+Carolyn ?66 
9- -1ICE 'B' ?6337
10+ +8Al Evans ?5924

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...