UKC

Mixing fules in an Primus Omnifule?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andymoin 07 Dec 2006
Got 1/4 litter of Colman white fuel left in ma bottle but will definitely need more than that for the weekend and don’t really want to waist it.

Don’t really have enough room to carry another fuel bottle, so can I top it up with unleaded petrol? The nozzle size is the same and I know unleaded burns fine, but is it all right to mix?

Cheers Andy
 Dave G 07 Dec 2006
In reply to andymoin:

I've had no problems mixing Colemans fuel and unleaded in my Primus Multifuel. They're basically the same stove so I couldn't see why it wouldn't work.
 Alex@home 07 Dec 2006
In reply to Dave G:

is that fule as in "any fule no that"?
 Nic 07 Dec 2006
In reply to Alex@home:

Isn't "omnifule" the Molesworthian for "someone who knows nothing about anything" ?

David Hooper 07 Dec 2006
In reply to andymoin: Should be fine as nozzle is same size - white fuel just runs cleaner than unleaded so you may have to clean/maintain the stove a bit sooner.

How do you rate the Omnifuel by the way? Ive used it with gas and colemans and its been brilliant. I used some battered old MSRs in Bolivia on local dirtyish fuel and they were well temperamental and always needing cleaning - maybe it was the fuels fault, but the Omnifuel has performed faultlessly.
OP andymoin 07 Dec 2006
In reply to Dave G: Cheers man that’s the conformation I needed off to the garage to get a geri can.
OP andymoin 07 Dec 2006
In reply to David Hooper:
Great stove I've had no problems so far, glad I made the investment as I can see it lasting a lifetime.

It ran great with a litter of unleaded and although it was noticeably dirtier no maintenance was needed. Might be a different story if ran on UL or dirtier Eastern Europe fuel for a while.

Decided to try Colman to see if it was any better; while it did burn cleaner it also seamed to burn faster and aint worth the dosh a far as I can see.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...