UKC

Chris Sharma and Evolv

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 BeyondHope 18 Dec 2006
 TRNovice 22 Dec 2006
In reply to BeyondHope:

A setence by Sharma starting "I am really psyched..." who'd have thought it?
DEvans 27 Dec 2006
In reply to TRNovice: i bet he is stoked with his new shoes.

grrrrrrr
 jeni222uk 29 Dec 2006
In reply to BeyondHope: Perhaps he's looking forward to becoming one with them.
Removed User 31 Dec 2006
In reply to BeyondHope:

Question: Is the Chris Sharma signature shoe (the Pontas) replacing the Khaos? Evolv don't seem to have that shoe in their range anymore. Why do shoe companies do this? Just when you find a model that works really well for you they discontinue it!
 Steve McQueen 02 Jan 2007
In reply to Removed User: I know, when you find something that works, it's almost worth buying 12 pairs and stashing them away.
banned profile 74 03 Jan 2007
In reply to Steve McQueen: agree there steve thats why i have about 6 pairs of 5.10 lace ups
 Paz 06 Jan 2007
In reply to beastofackworth:

If I was a rockboot company, while noone can deny Sharma's surfer dude good looks, awesome strength and marketability, I'd be more interested in sponsoring climbers who are famous for using their feet well. Sharma probably does, but he isn't famed for it, far from it! Indeed, in the Hampi DVD he seems to `rate' climbing with no boots at all "skin is so sticky, man" or something. But hey, if you give out free pairs to campus monkeys then they shouldn't wear out too quickly and need replacing too often so it's a win win situation.

Anyway, please can some rockboot company who knows what there product is used for, sponsor the following climbers, (or can someone let me know what boots they wear): Nik Jennings, Sean Myles, Nick Dixon, Johnny Dawes, Marc le Menestral, etc.

Evolv have some good ideas, but the shops never implented them. I'd be more than willing to pay 20 quid for differently sized left/ right shoes if they fitted better, but I want them right now if they're in stock. The shop that insisted on ordering them and on me waiting two weeks for them to arrive from america has since gone bust - go figure. That's two weeks of climbing that I'm not prepared to miss out on, or continue putting up with old boots for.

If I believed this stuff about their new rubber being the best on the market (can someone give me the knowledge on this) I'd be running out of here so fast to buy a pair. For the moment I'm sticking with Onyx.
Removed User 06 Jan 2007
In reply to Paz:

Interesting point of of view. What kind of annoys me about Evolv is that they seem to be very focused on Sharma since he ditched five ten, yet their sponsored team features 39, count them, 39 sponsored climbers! Why all the all hype now that Sharma has just joined? I guess that's just an indication of his market appeal (and talent?). It's a shame though. It strikes me that there was a big pool of talent for Evolv to utilise amongst the rest of the team before Sharma cam along.

P.S. I'll probably buy the new shoes because that's what Sharma uses
 TRNovice 07 Jan 2007
In reply to Paz:
> (In reply to beastofackworth)
>
> Indeed, in the Hampi DVD he seems to `rate' climbing with no boots at all "skin is so sticky, man" or something.

That quote was from Rampage, where he ripped his only pair of shoes after a wall-in and climbed without. He does however climb at least one problem in Hampi bare-foot I believe .
 Marc C 11 Jan 2007
In reply to BeyondHope: Looks a nice range of shoes. Would be intrigued to see how well the symmetrical toe model performs (my climbing standard never progressed after the introduction of asymmetricals and demise of symmetricals!).
 Robo 20 Jan 2007
In reply to Paz:
> (In reply to beastofackworth)
>
>
> Evolv have some good ideas, but the shops never implented them. I'd be more than willing to pay 20 quid for differently sized left/ right shoes if they fitted better, but I want them right now if they're in stock. The shop that insisted on ordering them and on me waiting two weeks for them to arrive from america has since gone bust - go figure. That's two weeks of climbing that I'm not prepared to miss out on, or continue putting up with old boots for.
>

Think about just how many pairs of shoes a shop would have to hold to be able to stock odd sized shoes. There is no shop in the world that would do it. There are shops in this country that would order them (www.upandunder.co.uk for example), but there'd be the delay in shipping them from the States (Months?).

It's a good idea, but near impossible to put into practice unless you have a shop next door to the factory.
DH 30 Jan 2007
In reply to BeyondHope: where can i buy the pontas or khaos in a shop near london?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...