UKC

Waterproof Jacket for Alps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gareth James 05 Jan 2007
Student, looking for a waterproof jacket such as a Latok Alpine, Montane Superfly or similar on the cheap for the Alps this Summer. Had a look around, but has anyone seen any good offers anywhere? Ideally between £100 - £150
 mark1984 05 Jan 2007
In reply to Gareth James:

i got a latok alpine from needlesports for £128
 Giles Thurston 05 Jan 2007

Field and Trek have the Rab Drillium Jacket for £130 and Latok Alpine for £145 at mo. If you are after a jacket just for summer alpine use then the Drillium should be ok
 frecro 05 Jan 2007

you can have my latoc alpine (xl) for £90 if it fits-they are very small for the size
 Batcloud 05 Jan 2007

Sorry folks - got the Latok Alpine from Tower Ridge for £99 a couple of months ago, not sure what therye doing for now.
Simon22 05 Jan 2007

Save some cash and get one of these:

http://www.facewest.co.uk/pp/marmot/precip.htm
Nick B 05 Jan 2007
In reply to Simon22: I use a MHW Epic which is similar to the Precip certainly could be bought for similar money.
In reply to Gareth James: buy 2 jackets for the same money. get a VR trails smock on offer at tower ridge for £79, which you well 90% of the time in alps, as when the weathers bad your in the valley. get a marmot precip jacket for the 10% of your time when your unlucky. will work just as well in scottish winter too.
OP Gareth James 05 Jan 2007
In reply to frecro: I have a marmot dryclime which is a similar idea to the VR smock, and I anticipate wearing this with a helly most of the time.

A Regatta X-ert or something served me alright in Scotland for a week last month, however I think it's probably a bit big if it's going to be in my rucksack for most of the time.

Thanks for the offer, however I have tried one on before, and even a large is big around the chest.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...