UKC

ape index-leeds, manc, birmingham

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
niall grimes 06 Jun 2001
It has come to our attention at head office that there are, in fact, cities other than Sheffield. This may come as no surprise to you, but we here at Ape Index think it's time we had more slideshows to reflect this fact. And lo! There was. Next week Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham will be hosting their very own inaugeral events.

This event features me giving it some about a few trips to Yosemite Valley - Stories from the Bottom, as well as the first lady of British climbing, Lucy Creamer, talking about new routing on ice or rock, and sometimes both. Events kick off at 8.00pm and tickets cost £4 (pensioners and under 5's, £3.50).

Manchester, 11th June- The Buzz Club, The Southern, Chorlton
Leeds, 12th June- The Adelphi, Lower Brigate
Birmingham, 13th June- The Rock Face, Millenium Point

For more info, see Ape Index web site .
Chauvi 06 Jun 2001
In reply to niall grimes:
The Sheffield ones were brilliant so the rest of you lot are in for a real treat. Get there early as it was standing room only in Sheffield.
Lucy 06 Jun 2001
In reply to niall grimes:
Hey! How about organising one in the South West? Cardiff or Bristol would be nice!
OP JonC 06 Jun 2001
In reply to Chauvi:

ooooh - I'm sure the rest of "us lot" can't wait if you lot in the cultural centre that is Sheffield were so impressed (slight hint of irony)

but, what the hell, see all you fellow Brummies at the Rock Face next week!
niall grimes 06 Jun 2001
In reply to Lucy: Could do, although organising them is hard. Finding these venues was the result of days traipsing round sooty northern towns going from pub to pub trying to find a suitable venue. But yeah, the more the merrier. Where would be a good place?
 sutty 06 Jun 2001
In reply to niall grimes: wayhay £3.50 for pensioners. I'm of upt loft for the zimmer frame. Have you arranged armed guards for the cars outside the adelphi? See you there, get my bus pass out so I can have two pints. Tell lucy to turn her phone off.
niall grimes 06 Jun 2001
Lucy turn your phone off.
happycranker 07 Jun 2001
In reply to Lucy: There was talk of one at The warehouse, Gloucester, but it seems like it didnt materialise.
Pity really - brum seems a bit far too go for an evening.
Chauvi 08 Jun 2001
Saw Niall give what must be the best presentation ever last night.
Grimer on Foot & Mouth. I don't know if this presentation will feature on 11th, 12th or 13th (but suspect it will).
YOU MUST GO & SEE IT!!!!!
Thanks Niall for a brilliant performance.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...