UKC

Hand cream for moaning bastards

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
FH 16 Aug 2002

Rubbishy posted about hand cream not long ago, but that was more to do with him pleasuring Mrs.Rubbishy in the bedroom dept.

This is far more serious. Yet again last night two of my fingertips were removed to yield raw flesh. In a couple of days the new skin will become hard and dry. And when I go bouldering again I'll make a slap or crimp on a sharp crystal and that hard skin will peel straight off and it's back to square one.

Matt last night suggested the use of hand cream on my finger tips so they don’t become dry and hard and prone to peeling off, the question is have you tried it? Does it work?

So if I go down the hand cream road am I being a guinea pig
Or is there another way?

Last night all I did was moan & whinge because I was so pissed, next week at Almscliff I want results because after that I'm off to sit on a French beach for two weeks
OP peaky 16 Aug 2002
In reply to FH:

One word - HoofMaker.

Yes, sounds stupid, but the stuff is great. Get it from KVvet.com (I think) Don't think you can get it over here, but it's good stuff.
FH 16 Aug 2002
 Matt 16 Aug 2002
In reply to FH:
Even us youngsters have the same problem see-
http://www.rockfax.com/rocktalk/t.php?t=4486
FH 16 Aug 2002
In reply to Matt:

This hoofmaker stuff comes in two sizes, one would apear to be for the jockey the other for the nag.

http://www.kvvet.com/KVVet/productr.asp?pf%5Fid=58003&Gift=false&gi...

Chun-Han Chan 16 Aug 2002
In reply to FH:
Tte Neutrogena hand cream is pretty good..apparently the Norwiegian fishermen used it when they got chaffed hands........?!?!?!?!?!....
Randy Slapp 16 Aug 2002
In reply to FH:

I had a run of ripped tips last winter, the first one went right down to the flesh and ripped all the skin off my fingertip. I found that once it had turned to a scab, I had to take off a lot of the dead flapper with scissors, and use a piece of fine sandpaper to keep the join smooth- so there wasn't a lip of skin to catch and tear again. I just kept doing this until I had a fresh tip.

I seemed to have developed a bad habit of crimping on greasy slopers, and I went through 3 more episodes of screaming and swearing followed by 2 weeks of recovery. What a pain.....

There's some stuff on ukBouldering.com about trashed tips, and a pic of the first trashed tip:

http://www.ukbouldering.com/tools.htm

Hope you get it sorted!
OP peaky 16 Aug 2002
In reply to FH:

It's pretty much the same stuff, but go for the big supertub thing. They'll charge you a fortune for postage so might be worth clubbing together with some mates and getting a few of them.

It's not a miracle cure, and I think is basically some kind of protein based moisturiser. Very non-greasy though, and really does seem to work. You'll still get trashed hands, but I had some days out last season where I came back with almost full skin.

whinny.
OP peaky 16 Aug 2002
In reply to Randy Slapp:

yeah Randy, but that's coz your a wuss with zero technique
FH 16 Aug 2002
In reply to peaky:

I've mailed them to find out the crack.
Billy De Kid 16 Aug 2002
In reply to FH:
Rub on pure vitamin-E oil. Nothing seems to works better, I've tried most things.
 paul 16 Aug 2002
In reply to Billy De Kid: I agree vitamin E is great. Also a preventative is to take plenty of unsaturated oils. Linseed (sold as flax oil when its for eating as opposed to oiling cricket bats and peg hammers handles) is good. Your skin will be strong and soft. Pleasing the wife too.
 sutty 17 Aug 2002
In reply to paul:
So linseed oil is good is it? that may be why Brown and whillans never complained about split tips. They were both plumbers who regularly handled putty with linseed oil in it.
OP Balls of cotton wool 17 Aug 2002
In reply to sutty:
bodyshop hemp hand cream is good too, the hemp oil is magic, done wonders on my dads Motorcycle trauma injuries.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...