UKC

sunglasses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nikmorgan 10 Mar 2007
hi there.

i need to purchase a pair of sunglasses..

can anyone recommend a good value pair.. i think oakley are a bit out of my league.

nice one, thanks for your help

nik
 fivestar 10 Mar 2007
I think Bloc stuff is pretty killer. I owned/broke several pairs of Oakleys while living in the US. Doing the same here would get expensive fast. You can get them at Blacks and some other places. Not quite as durable as my old O's, but it took me two years of constant use to kill them. I'm planning on buying another pair.
00spaw 10 Mar 2007
In reply to nikmorgan: blaze unto tesco and buy some for £5, like me.
 The Bantam 10 Mar 2007
In reply to fivestar:

Another vote for Bloc - had a few pairs over the years and get the job done with a fair amount of bashing too.
In reply to nikmorgan:

Julbo make the best glasses from £35 and up. They are the only people who make a photocromic polarised lens.

Oakley however put MP3's into their glasses.

Think about it.
 Ian McNeill 10 Mar 2007
In reply to nikmorgan:

Dirty dogs are pretty good and a good price check my profile link in about a week ... will belive
OP nikmorgan 12 Mar 2007
has anyone tried/purchased cebe or northface sunglasses?

opinions?
 Tom Stoddart 12 Mar 2007
In reply to nikmorgan:
I've been using a pair of Cebe glasses for 6 years now and they have been fantastic: great lenses, good fit, lightweight, durable and quite cheap.
 nikinko 12 Mar 2007
In reply to nikmorgan:

foster grant drivers ones from Halfords have been great for me. (no really), great contrast, comfortable and relatively tough.

oh, and they look good!
 nniff 12 Mar 2007
In reply to nikmorgan:

Raybans have always done me well - prices not as silly as Oakley, but glass lenses which do last well.

Currently have a street pair, and fairly elderly mountain pair which have lasted very well and have been good value in comparison to cheaper pairs.
 Fraser 12 Mar 2007
In reply to A Nidderdale boulderer.:
> (In reply to nikmorgan)
>
> Julbo make the best glasses from £35 and up.

Got a pair of cheap Julbo's in France about 6-7 years ago and they're great. Good close fit, lightweight, and robust. Cost about 25 euros then, including a nice, lined, semi-rigid case.
Ross Evans 15 Mar 2007
In reply to nikmorgan:
I have Julbo Typhoon Chameleon,polarized photochromic lenses..circa £80 but very,very good.
 Carolyn 15 Mar 2007
In reply to nikmorgan:

Good ideas here - Bloc for cheap & cheerful (look around, and you'll often find them for a tenner), Julbo or Cebe if you're willing to pay a bit more (say 30-40 quid).

In reply to nikmorgan:

Bloc/Cebe/Julbo

Quality glasses without the poncy label and associated pricetag.
 IMA 15 Mar 2007
In reply to nikmorgan: my blocs have been sturdy, love my oaks but try nike they got oak technology due to some silly deal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...