UKC

Mountain Marathon Tips

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ligaya 19 Mar 2007
I'm entering the highlander MM and don't really have any experience of anything comparable.

Any top tips from people who've been there and done that?
 Paul Atkinson 19 Mar 2007
In reply to ligaya: sorry, haven't time right now to write details myself - but Shane Ohly has written some good stuff on Planet Fear which is worth searching

have fun! P
Anonymous 20 Mar 2007
In reply to Paul Atkinson: That's the tip: have fun!

Worth remembering, even when it isn't...it isn't compulsory, you entered, so make the most of it. Even better if you can have fun at the time, rather than in retrospect - then they're really good!

Also eat enough, keep drinking on the go from streams, take some plastic bags for your feet at the overnight camp and for goodness sake keep away from the slit latrines if you can.

HTH

Ben B not logged on
Anita 20 Mar 2007
In reply to ligaya: Go through what you're planning on carrying and then REALLY think 'do I need that' and try packing it into your sack - including food (I always take far more food than I eat).
It's a fairly early in the year one so keep an eye on the weather forecast and be prepared to boost the warm gear if it stays as chilly as now!
Be prepared to have wet feet all day sat and sun (though you should be able to have dry ones at the overnight camp - hence the plastic bags for your feet mentioned above).
Good navigation is a must and can win you alot of time over faster people.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...