UKC

Scottish Climb calendar (05?)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fidget 23 Mar 2007
Does anyone have a copy of the Scottish Climb calendar 2005 by Dave Cubby Cuthbertson? I'd like to get hold of one of the photos from it (that'll teach me not to buy the calendar). It's of Prore, at Coire Nam Lochan (?) in the Cairngorms (to the right of the corner of Savage Slit), being climbed in summer as a VS 4c rather than a scottish VII or whatever it is. I want to climb the route, but I would also like to get a copy of the picture, as I can't find any decent pics of it online and it would be hard to find a better one anyway. I pretty sure it was the calendar from 2005, but could possibly have been 2006.

Cheers.
 tony 23 Mar 2007
In reply to cider nut:

Have a look on Cubby's website:
http://www.cubbyimages.co.uk

If I remember it right, it was Scott Muir doing the climbing, resplendent in his Red Bull helmet...
 Duz Walker 23 Mar 2007
In reply to cider nut:

Oooohh....that does look tempting...
OP Fidget 23 Mar 2007
In reply to ebygomm:

That may have been the one. Can't remember now!

I did look at his website, honest, but couldn't find it. Well found!
OP Fidget 23 Mar 2007
In reply to ebygomm:

Eek, £40 for a copy though. Anyone want to scan the calendar and email it to me? I could save the pic on the website, but it isn't very big. I just want to print it out.
 Jamie B 25 Mar 2007
In reply to cider nut:

Prore's a funny route; looks absolutely gobsmacking from below, and the first third is indeed really good exposed movement between rounded breaks. Unfortunately above that it loses its way a bit and sticking to the arete becomes a tad contrived. Good, but not quite as good as it looks. You can get a lot done in this part of the crag by abbing back down Fallout Corner, which although exposed poses less retrievel hastle than going down Savage Slit.

Have a copy of the calender, signed by Cubby no less. Am contemplating an offer..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...