UKC

Claypool/Primus best work...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 matthew jones 29 Mar 2007
Ok let's here it. The best releases? I have been having a bit of an appreciation week of all albums and dvd's. Bit surprising that a band like Primus released a "best of" when Claypool is so prolific normally. I reckon;
Cheese, Frizzle Fry and the Brown albums are the best, some of the jam band concerts etc. are a bit too self indulgent. Mackerel and sausage from the others. And why do we never see them this side of the atlantic anymore?
 Fiend 29 Mar 2007
In reply to matthew jones:

Frizzle Fry has to be my favourite, perhaps less of the characteristic bass wierdness than others, but just top quality funky rowdy energetic stuff.
 dread-i 29 Mar 2007
Saw them twice supporting Janes Addiction. In fact I was listening to Sailing the Seas of Cheese just last week whilst clearing out some old tapes. I seem to remember him bouncing aound on one leg as he was playing hardcore bass.
Really tight band. Their first album was recorded live I seem to remember. Tommy the Cat is a fave track. Haven't really heard much of their later stuff though.

Pretty keen on Pork Soda myself although to be fair I've only heard 3 albums (and a pretty cool live bootleg).

Very keen on their work on Tom Waits recent albums.
Also Larry LaLonde should get big plaudits for being the guitar behind Possessed's finest music.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...