UKC

almscliff problem help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Adders 02 Apr 2007
http://www.yorkshiregrit.com/photo.html?id=almscliff__wall_1&n=0

Hi, my bf did this problem on sat but we were unsure from the guidebook because of the grade and description of sharp holds ( none were sharp... just a little crimpy ) if he'd done it right!
he said it felt about 5c

standing start - started from the first crimpy holds then up to the sloper where this guys hand is in teh picture then left of that with left hand is another scoop then top out rightwards.....

is that the v4 6b?
boulder 14 in the guide i think.

yours curiously!

ads
 galpinos 02 Apr 2007
In reply to Adders:

I think that's A Nidderdale Boulderer in the photo so ask him maybe?
OP Adders 02 Apr 2007
In reply to galpinos: it certainly looks like he did do it right now ive looked on the comments. most tall people ( hes 6'1 ) found it easy...

i couldnt do it.
was a good hand off the right sloper/scoop at full dyno stretch. will have a go next time though incase i was just being feeble
 alaan 02 Apr 2007
In reply to Adders:

It is indeed a curious problem and gets V4 in Yorkshire Grit but I'm not sure if this a slighlty more eliminate variation. It's probably V3/2 or so. It also depends on how dynamic you are. I think.

Al
 sutty 02 Apr 2007
In reply to Adders:

Never mind, a day or two on here and you should be able to reach;

http://www.shanmonster.com/witch/torture/rack.html
OP Adders 02 Apr 2007
In reply to alaan: hmmm.
i thought it was a nice line.
we had fun on it anyway.

just curious to the grade and if we used a hold that wasnt allowed or something? seems not.

looking forward to going back there soon. ad an ace day only 2nd visit. really want to try morrels wall. ( was too windy on sat thought id get blown off at the top! )
OP Adders 02 Apr 2007
In reply to sutty: lol! maybe i should give it a try? i should contact 5:10 to see if though could do high heel climbing shoes
In reply to galpinos:

Yep that's me.

Boulder 14 problem 2.
Tricky.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...