UKC

Soft shell trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Steve Humm 4395 04 Apr 2007
Can anyone give me there opinions on either Mammut Base camp trousers or the Champ trousers. i'm undecided which to get. Also where can i go and try a few pairs on?
 markdean 04 Apr 2007
In reply to Steve Humm 4395:
I have a pair of mammut base jumps and they are really good since i have had mine 2 of my mates have bought them since i have had them.
BorisB 05 Apr 2007
In reply to Steve Humm 4395: Ive used both for some time now, I would say the BASE jump are more hardwearing and suited for snow, and the Champ are more suited to rock.
Steve Humm 4395 05 Apr 2007
In reply to BorisB: Thanks, can you get braces for the Base Jump pants? i know you can for the Champ version
> Can anyone give me there opinions on either Mammut Base camp trousers or the Champ trousers. i'm undecided which to get. Also where can i go and try a few pairs on?

I have the base jumps, they are an excellent piece of kit, used them in norway this year with a spandex base layer and they were excellent.

I think the comments above may be correct as I used the base jumps for scrambling and they marked a bit where rock abrasion occured...
 CurlyStevo 05 Apr 2007
don't expect them to remain rain resistent for long, even when washed correctly and retreated with DWR!
Steve Humm 4395 05 Apr 2007
In reply to Lightweight_2005: Thanks, anyone know where i can try a few pairs on?
 nastyned 05 Apr 2007
In reply to BorisB: I thought it was the other way round, with the Champs being the heavier winter version.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...