UKC

FRIDAY NIGHT VIDEO: Chris Sharma

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 13 Apr 2007
Need some psyche for the weekend? Want to know what is involved in climbing some of the world's hardest climbs?

Welcome to Friday Night Video at UKClimbing.com

Read more and see the video here.... http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 jazzyjackson 13 Apr 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

That Rambla has some pretty sick moves but you aint seen shit till you seen me full o sauce and on the dance floor off a sat night with da fever.

yes sirreeee.

Video of that comin soon.
 GDes 13 Apr 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: No taking away from the lad, he's really, really strong. Impressive stuff
 Glyn Jones 13 Apr 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: There goes any (very slim) chance of my on sight!
 Nj 13 Apr 2007
In reply to Glyn Jones: In all due respect, I think 'very slim' is being over optimistic, I would go more for 'minimal to nil'. There is a phrase involving snowballs and hell... hehe!
 Alun 13 Apr 2007
In reply to Glyn Jones:
> There goes any (very slim) chance of my on sight!

Don't despair - it's gives you good info for your beta-flash attempt!
 Glyn Jones 13 Apr 2007
In reply to Nj: Where about in the Peaks is this route?
OP Michael Ryan 13 Apr 2007
In reply to Glyn Jones:
> (In reply to Nj) Where about in the Peaks is this route?

He said Peaks

niggle 13 Apr 2007

Sharma (and Dave Macleod) clearly draw their great strength from their totally awesome chest hair.

Glyn Jones 13 Apr 2007
In reply to niggle: Nah, from their alleged belief that rock is god!

<pulls pin, throws grenade>
 GDes 13 Apr 2007
If you havent been to siurana, go, i think its the most amazing place to go sport climbing. A lifetime to do at pretty much 6a upwards. and a walk under la rambla will leave you inspired. Beautiful place to spend time
 eppa 13 Apr 2007
In reply to niggle: I was just thinking the same thing. I'm now looking for an online supplier of bread crusts and guiness
In reply to GDes: Agreed, been to loads of european sport climbing venues and Siurana takes the top prize.....its beautiful, great rock, awesome lines, steeped in historical routes, tough grades, old school.....Brilliant!
 stp 14 Apr 2007

It's worth checking out the Ramonet vid too (who did the first ascent).

Amazingly relaxed good climber.

http://desnivel.com/tus_paginas/videos/ramonrambla.wmv
bezzer555 15 Apr 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: not that I like chris sharma very much, but thats a good video.
OP Michael Ryan 15 Apr 2007
In reply to bezzer555:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) not that I like chris sharma very much

Do you actually know him?

seagull 16 Apr 2007
Sharma is class. I love his climbing style, totally dynamic and positive, he really attacks the moves, great quick footwork. The contrast with Ramonet is very interesting as he is so smooth. But then he did know the moves slightly better having taken rather longer on the route! It's an awesome achievement and most inspiring for me having just got back into climbing after a long break.

Nice one.
 Morgan Woods 16 Apr 2007
In reply to seagull:

yeah - i think i respect sharma more coz he grunts and screams a bit unlike some of those ubercool euros.
In reply to Morgan Woods: He took classes from that Jason Blogs fellow (Keil?).
 seagull 17 Apr 2007
In reply to Richard Bradley:

Always nice to see a bit of effort so you can tell that something is actually really hard!
bezzer555 19 Apr 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: cant say that I do know him. what difference dose that make??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...