UKC

chris sharma and classical music - name that tune

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ksjs 08 May 2007
http://en.petzl.com/petzl/frontoffice/Sport/static/Video/escalade/video/sha...

think the music at the start of this is rather brilliant and beautiful (if a bit out of key with Chris' style) - can anyone tell me what it is?
thanks
 Chris Shorter 08 May 2007
In reply to ksjs:

I know a lot of unaccompanied choral music by Spanish (as this almost certainly is) composers but I'm unfamiliar with this piece. There is simply a huge amount of this stuff. Best to save time and contact the video's producers I think.
OP ksjs 09 May 2007
In reply to Chris Shorter: thanks and will do. sorry to be lazy but can you could recommend anything of a similar style?
Anonymous 09 May 2007
In reply to ksjs:

The music in the clip is almost certainly being performed by The Hilliard Ensemble. It's pretty hard to miss their distinctive sound.

The recording style is also very distinctly that of the german ECM record label.

So, start here :

http://tinyurl.com/2xdw85

The Amazon site has music samples to play.

I would particularly recommend their performances of the music of contemporary Estonian composer Arvo Pärt.

If you don't know these works, prepare to have your socks blown off..

Cosmic John.

Chris Shorter 09 May 2007
In reply to ksjs:

You could try the Requiem of Tomas Luis de Victoria, which might be regarded as a "greatest hit" of Spanish unaccompanied choral music.
OP ksjs 09 May 2007
In reply to Anonymous: thanks but are you sure, had a listen and not quite the same? also, after Chris' suggestion to contact the producers i had a look at the credits on the film and it mentions the 'Russian Globalis Orchestra' whose website i found but my Russian is a bit lacking and the search ended there.
 Chris Shorter 09 May 2007
In reply to ksjs:

Sounds like I was miles out too; about 5000 miles!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...