UKC

Troll Wall, Norway

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Neil 12 Sep 2002
Just planning trip to th troll wall for a bit of big walling, was wondering if anyone has any helpful advice re transport/costs etc.
We are planning to do the route that averages around hvs (so I've been told), there any good guides (not people but books) about?
I'm also going to be doing my dissertation on the same trip so was wondering which maps to get.

Cheers
Neil
Chris C@home 12 Sep 2002
In reply to Neil:
The one that averages HVS ish on the Troll and is totally free is called the Rimmon Route. Pitches 11 - 15 have sadly been destroyed by a monster rockfall in 1998. I dont think is has been reascended since then...

Truck loads of info in the book Klatrig i Romsdal around p138, including a photo of the rockfall, awsome.

Most of the other routes require some Aiding skills, but the other free one is Trolljeringruta, but the guide says it is hard and serious for the grade, with poor pro and only 1 repeat in 20 years....

Anyway, there's shit loads of other stuff in the area, well recomend the guide - its in Norwegian and English.

Have a good one.
Anonymous 12 Sep 2002
In reply to Chris C@home:
Oh and I think a waterproof, and a set of travel scrabble would be well worth taking.
OP Neil 12 Sep 2002
In reply to Chris C@home:
cheers, might do an aid route then...
neil
Anonymous 16 Sep 2002
In reply to Neil:

Costs = alot
Martin P 19 Sep 2002
In reply to Neil: I had a couple of friends try a route on the wall about two years back of around only VS in it's grading but they said the rock extremely loose and they had never met such poor belays before. The route that they had intended to do had massive rock fall so beware on the line you choose and a route which gets alot of traffic.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...