UKC

Crux AK50 Dynatec Fabric - How Durable is It?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
CJH 25 May 2007
I've just aquired an old Crux AK50 (floating lid) made from Dynatec fabric (silver/grey colour). The sack only weighs 1.08kg for a 50l sack, so was wondering if anyone had used one and had any experience of the materials durability..... If it ain't gonna last, or be good for extended winter use I will stick to a more substantial bag made from heavier fabric....

Any comments greatfully recieved
 Outdoor Eddie 25 May 2007
In reply to CJH:

The current range of sacs ae absolutely bomber - you'll have no probs with the material at all.
CJH 26 May 2007
In reply to CJH: The new sacks are great, but this is one of their earlier models, made from a really light dynatec fabric, not the bombproof kevlar that they use now. Just wondered if anyone had experience of the older style sack
srnet 26 May 2007
In reply to CJH:

I have had an A70 for 3 years or so, I tried to find out what the fabric is but since that sac is no longer made I cant find the info.

The fabric is not the kevlar but its definetly thinner and lighter than your average sac material. Seems to be lasting just fine. The new AK70 looks like the same sac but with the Kevlar.

The sac is currently back being repaired, the PU coating on the top black sleeve delaminated, a faulty batch of material apparently. Cruxes customer servive has been great, they took the sac back to replace the sleeve without question.
Wes 26 May 2007
In reply to CJH:

I have used an A30 made of the same material alot. No problems with wear and tear-still pretty damn tough-zip broke on the lid, i couldn't be arsed to get it fixed or replaced so it went in the bin.
 Outdoor Eddie 29 May 2007
In reply to CJH:

My orginal AK47 was one of the grey ones in the lighter fabric - they made a kevlar one too at the time.

I've had no problems with the strength of the material but is highly unwaterproof and gets pretty grubby - otherwise no probs - and its been out summer, winter, to the alps and all over the place for all manner of use.
 Jimmy D 29 May 2007
In reply to CJH:

I've got one of those and have used it a lot over the last 5 years or so for travelling, cragging, mountaineering, winter climbing, the works. Getting a bit worn now but basically it's still in good shape.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...