UKC

Life Insurance for Guides?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tufas Mum 30 May 2007
Anyone have or know about life insurance for Mountain Guides/Climbing Instructors?

Would they find a "get out clause" so they did not have to pay out.

Am thinking about if anything happened to Rich when he is working and worst case he dies or is badly injured and cant guide anymore.

Thanks Sam
 Dee 30 May 2007
In reply to Tufas Mum: Is it life insurance or critical injury cover? It's available but at a price. Clearly you have to be very honest and disclose everything or the insurance companies will void the cover. As expected, the more you pay, the better the cover.
OP Tufas Mum 31 May 2007
In reply to Dee:

Perkins Slade have given us a number of another agent for the Life insurance, but wanted to know if anyone on here has paid into a scheme?

Looks like a no!

Sam
lanky_suction1 31 May 2007
In reply to Tufas Mum:

We're 'only' climbers, but Mr Lanky suction works in the business (not as a guide), and I climb a lot! When we bought our house, we managed to get a reasonable quote from Standard Life through Summit Financial services (may have been through BMC website?). It's only for mortgage protection though.

We had some crazy quotes - £160 per month from one! I think you just need to shop around.
 sutty 31 May 2007
In reply to Tufas Mum:

Have you asked around on here?

http://www.bmg.org.uk/index.html
sam the man 31 May 2007
In reply to Tufas Mum: I think the BMC do life insurance-they may do it for guides as well.
Sam
 woolsack 31 May 2007
In reply to Tufas Mum: I would guess a 'get out clause' would only apply if you said he worked in a call centre
graeme alderson 31 May 2007
 Carolyn 31 May 2007
In reply to Tufas Mum:

C'mon, climbing with Mark S isn't all that dangerous

As for the insurance - I think it's a case of telling them everything - and then reading the small print they send you to check it doesn't exclude the scenarios you want covered.
sam the man 31 May 2007
In reply to graeme alderson: Yup

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...