UKC

Soft shell trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Monkeyrock 30 May 2007
Looking to buy some soft shell trousers for the Alps. Have looked at Mamut Base Jump's and Mountain Hardware Velocity Guide pants. Any prerrences or other ideas?
Juki 30 May 2007
In reply to Monkeyrock:
If you want to save some money and are willing to use non-brand name stuff, these are a good option:

http://tinyurl.com/yqbmtf

Most of the Decathlons have those in stock.
Parsley Briscoe 30 May 2007
In reply to Monkeyrock:

go outdoors at Coventry sold me some velocity trousers for £60. last week.

They seem good/ higher cut at the waist than current fashion.

Parsley
 Si dH 30 May 2007
In reply to Monkeyrock: Ive got Montane Terra XT something-or-other, theyre brilliant, cheaper than the mor expensive brands but the only ones I could find wit hall the features I wanted - recommended.
 eileenrobley 30 May 2007
In reply to Juki:
> (In reply to Monkeyrock)
> If you want to save some money and are willing to use non-brand name stuff, these are a good option:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yqbmtf
>
> Most of the Decathlons have those in stock.

Currently at £39.95

In reply to Monkeyrock: Base Jumps all day matey, seriously good kit
OP Monkeyrock 31 May 2007
In reply to Monkeyrock: Looked at the Base Jump's again today and think I'm gonna go with them. Many thanks for advice
 Green Porridge 01 Jun 2007
In reply to Monkeyrock:

I got some Mammut softshell trousers when I was in the alps last summer, and they've proven to be indestructable. I've cramponed myself, bashed into rocks, crawled over Chamonix granite in them and they've been great. On more than one occasion I've been bleeding prefusely in them from mashing myself against something, but the trousers have been undamaged.

Expensive though.

Tim
Nick B not logged on 01 Jun 2007
In reply to Monkeyrock: Fit is important, I simply went in to Neeplesport and took 5 pairs into the changing room (Marmot, Mammut, TNF, Rab and Patagonia) and bought the ones that fitted me best, which happend to be the Base Jumps.
In reply to Nick B not logged on:
> (In reply to Monkeyrock) Fit is important

Yeah I agree, I tried on a load of brands first and chose the best spec/fit..

I think this is a must for all clothing and footwear...

In reply to Nick B not logged on:

> Fit is important,

Especially ones with fancy things like ankle zips, where adjusting the length is much more complicated.
 sandywilson 01 Jun 2007
In reply to Monkeyrock:

I've got some Mountain Hardware Schoeller soft shell trousers, could be velocities. They're great!!
Gazza 01 Jun 2007
In reply to Monkeyrock:
> Looking to buy some soft shell trousers for the Alps. Have looked at Mamut Base Jump's and Mountain Hardware Velocity Guide pants. Any prerrences or other ideas?

Patagonia Guide
Nick B not logged on 01 Jun 2007
In reply to Gazza: I tried the guide, but did not like the fit, I did not like the price much either, but would have paid it if I had felt they were the best for me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...