UKC

base layer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 holly 04 Jun 2007
where can you (i) get good, technical base layers/thermals CHEAP on line?

ideally those really really thin north face ones, icebreaker ones, or the helly hansen ones?

need lots of clothes like this, and even with my (completley rubbish) staff discount i cant afford lots.

point me in the right direction please

holxxx
 Jack00 04 Jun 2007
In reply to holly: You can get the Icebreaker Merino Wool base layers from Cotswold's website. They are the best base-layers out I reckon, not necessarily the cheapest but well worth the money!
OP holly 04 Jun 2007
In reply to Jack00:

yup, thats what i'm lokoing for, but ideally in the sale or cheaper than that. i work in s&r and we sell them at rrp, but even with my staff discount it's still quite expensive

holxxx
 winhill 04 Jun 2007
In reply to holly:

alkits bleat (when they get some?)

or try here

http://www.subzerostore.co.uk/

scroll down to clearance items. base layers £14, not wool or antibac but good stuff.
 Jack00 04 Jun 2007
In reply to holly: There might be some in the Rock Bottom section of the site and it's usually a lot cheaper there.

Unfortunately they only pop up in there occasionally.
OP holly 04 Jun 2007
In reply to winhill:

ace, thanks

jack00 - cool, will have a look, thanks
xxx
 coinneach 04 Jun 2007
In reply to holly:

The best base layer I ever had was from Marks & Sparks golf dept................honest!
corriethepenguin 07 Jun 2007
In reply to holly: Try the TNF Rep next time he's in your work as I always end up with a new base layer off him

You could always come and see me at work and see if we've got anything for you.
 UKC Forums 07 Jun 2007
This thread was started in the DOWN THE PUB forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Climbing Gear - Post all your climbing gear-related questions here. You know how you love comparing Friends with Camalots!

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
Andy Lockett 12 Jun 2007
Chocolate Fish (www.chocolatefish.co.uk) have good merino base layer, and theyve got a sale on some of it now.
 freelancer_85 12 Jun 2007
In reply to holly:

Alpkit have their base layer in now, at £20.

Josh.
OP holly 12 Jun 2007
In reply to corriethepenguin:

i'll come in one day next week if you'll be there? or een thursday after my exams?

cos i'm not in during the week i'm not allowed stuff off reps, and we dont even stock the TNF stuff i like

holxxx
 Reaver2k 12 Jun 2007
In reply to holly:

OT: Got C4 Maths on Thursday? I am certainly not looking forward to it after my major screw up on Monday with C3!
 earlsdonwhu 12 Jun 2007
In reply to Andy Lockett: Seconded... GOOD value stuff from Chocolate Fish and ever so helpful.
In reply to holly:

http://www.daleswear.co.uk have cheap baselayers. Maybe worth a look. (e.g. Polartec PowerDry T-shirt for £7.50).

If you order stuff, beware that the basket price looks all wrong. They'll charge you the right amount, though.
OP holly 12 Jun 2007
In reply to Reaver2k:

no, i've done maths - all finished except for fp3, and i need to get an a in it or i'm not going to uni - eek.

physics on thursday though

holxxx
 Reaver2k 12 Jun 2007
In reply to holly:

Surely just not your first choice? I have been revising hard all day, with 90% of my answers ending totally wrong - great... GS tomorrow... What a waste of revision time!
OP holly 12 Jun 2007
In reply to Reaver2k:

nope, both my choices specify an A in further maths

shame thats the bit i cn't do though

i have done 18 past papers in physics so far (6 today) - i'm yet to pass one decently, eek

holxxx
corriethepenguin 13 Jun 2007
In reply to holly: Sorry for the delay I've had a few problems with my computer.
I'm off on Thurs and Sunday for the next couple of weeks but let me know when your coming in.
Good luck with the remaining exams
OP holly 13 Jun 2007
In reply to corriethepenguin:

ahhh, well, was going to come in tomorrow

never mind then
xx
corriethepenguin 14 Jun 2007
In reply to holly: Just let me know whenever and I'll sort you out as best I can.
Take care
mike swann 14 Jun 2007
In reply to holly: you could take a quick look at planetfear clearance
 Reaver2k 14 Jun 2007
In reply to holly:

Ohwell can always get through to a different college on clearance, thats what my brother did. Good luck!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...