UKC

NEWS: Steve McClure In the General UK Media

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 06 Jun 2007
More and more often climbing and mountaineering are featured in the mainstream news; radio, the internet, TV and the newspapers. It can make exciting and riveting copy for non-climbers. Everest is a top favourite, and has been ever since a May 29, 1953 first ascent when Tenzing and Hillary knocked the Queen's Coronation off the front page of the Nations' newspapers. News of the team's success reached London in time to be on every newspaper front page on 2 June, 1953 - the day of her Coronation.

To get pure rockclimbing in the general print media it is a little trickier.........

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 Chris the Tall 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
Have you been approached by Five Live for another in-depth 5-second interview ?
 Simon 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Chris the Tall:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
> Have you been approached by Five Live for another in-depth 5-second interview ?

LOL - don't be cruel!!

;0)
OP Michael Ryan 06 Jun 2007
> Have you been approached by Five Live for another in-depth 5-second interview ?

Fox News did approach, but they couldn't afford me.

In reply to Simon: has anyone got a link to that on the listen again section of 5 live?

Would entertain me, thinking how sarcy Steve is.
I just loved the irony of important climbing news from Scotland being dropped in favour of something pretty mundane happening in Sheffield
 Andy Farnell 06 Jun 2007
> I just loved the irony of important climbing news from Scotland being dropped in favour of something pretty mundane happening in Sheffield

Sheffield? Since when has Malham been in Sheffield???

Andy F

P.S. what Scottish climbing news?

hutchm 06 Jun 2007
> (In reply to Chris the Tall)
> [...]
>
> Fox News did approach, but they couldn't afford me.

That surprises me - what about Badger Bulletin or Squirrel Weekly?
In reply to andy farnell:
I was refering to Mr Ryan legendary 15 seconds on Five Live about Rhapsody (i.e. Scotland) which was cut short when they went live to cover some safety play in a snooker match (from Sheffield)

Do try and keep up !
 gingerkate 06 Jun 2007
In reply to hutchm:
Surely you mean Bat Bulletin? Or maybe the bats are too busy trying to sue for copyright infringement...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...