UKC

NEWS: BMC Stanage Shindig in Sheffield..with PHOTOS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 11 Jun 2007
Niall Grimes, was indeed the guest of honour and he was thanked by Dave Turnbull, BMC CEO, for his hardwork and creativity and Dave presented Niall with an iron so that he can press his crumpled trousers and look the part of a high flying publishing and design executive, now that the BMC publication schedule is well under way.

Also present was Ron Townsend who did such Stanage first ascents as Via Media, Townsend's Variation, Gargoyle Buttress and Narrow Buttress way back in 1949.

Read more with lots of PHOTOS at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 Simon 11 Jun 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Great night - so many of the great and the good in one room - we had a blast and it was ace catching up with my old physics teacher (bloke who made my dad team rugby capatain at school) and person responsible for why I do guides - Dave Greg - your still top man!

;0)

Si
 Offwidth 11 Jun 2007

How cruel to be outed so publicly. Flirting is so complex these days: we may have been discussing cat death or needles or lovers leaps.

Anyway I was going to ask how many uses of an iron can people come up with for a climber (and no sad ex steam ironing rubbish).
OP Michael Ryan 11 Jun 2007
 TN 11 Jun 2007
> ...and Dave presented Niall with an iron so that he can press his crumpled trousers...

Assuming (allegedy) that he is actually wearing trousers.

And while we're on the subject, what a VERY flattering photo of Niall.

It was a good do - nice choice of venue (nice choice of beers!!)
 Simon 11 Jun 2007
In reply to Offwidth:

I couldn't beleive it when Dave Greg interrupted the said speaker at the time for his stories - absolute genius moment of the night!!

Good bash - so now lets get the Froggatt Guide done for the next one - and then after the moorland book its the lime - eeep!!

;0)

Si
 Offwidth 11 Jun 2007

Well done 2/3 but if you get the cat link i'll be very afraid.
 Offwidth 11 Jun 2007
In reply to Simon:

I think it was great to get such a range of climbers there, especially the older ones. Ron was telling us that he gave up proper climbing at 80 after leading a VS on Pillar. Malc was talking to me about his sketches. I didnt get a chance to talk to Dave much as Lynn was monopolising him. You dont have an email address for Dave you could email me perchance?
 Simon 11 Jun 2007
In reply to Offwidth:

YHM...

si
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 11 Jun 2007

Me, signing the guide? Nah, I was correcting it!

Chris

Niall Grimes 11 Jun 2007
In reply to Chris Craggs: ha
 Offwidth 11 Jun 2007
In reply to Simon:

Where?
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 11 Jun 2007
In reply to Niall Grimes:

Good guide, good do - respect!

Chris
ajapp 11 Jun 2007

Good night, lots of interesting stories, good curry. Nice hat (visor?) Niall(!) Top guide! Well done all.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...