UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Dave Birkett on The Brothers Karamazov E9 6c

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 11 Jun 2007
A UKClimbing.com exclusive, filmed and produced by Alastair Lee of Posingproductions.com in conjunction with Scarpa

Last week on Tuesday 5th June Dave Birkett repeated Dave Pickford's April 29th new route at St Govan’s Head in Pembroke, The Brothers Karamazov E9 6c.

You can watch the video of Dave's ascent here at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 abarro81 11 Jun 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: anybody else got problems watching this? the plugin wont initialise apparantly...
 Glyn Jones 11 Jun 2007
In reply to abarro81: works for me - maybe you need to get the latest quicktime update mate.
(marktomlinson) 12 Jun 2007
In reply to abarro81: yeah it dont work for me either? maybe its college shittiness?
 Alastair Lee 12 Jun 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

You'll need the very latest version of Quicktime installed for it to play - let me know if it still doesn't work when you've done that. You can get it from the apple site.

Cheers
In reply to Alastair Lee:

Nice video although very difficult I think to get the full impression of the route. It must have been hard to get the best angle to shoot from.

You might want to check your spelling of St. Govan's as well.

Alan
 Alastair Lee 12 Jun 2007

Yeah it was a bit of a nightmare to shoot, routes with little overhangs/roofs always are.... I corrected the spelling! For some reason the first version of the vid still seems to be up, I changed the text at the end so it was readable too. I'll try replacing it again later.
 Adam Lincoln 12 Jun 2007

Fine effort from one of the best trad climbers in the country.

What does it say at the end Al? The writing is white on a bleached out background!?

Good vid, cant wait for the full dvd.
TheHobbit 12 Jun 2007
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

Can someone stick a copy of this up on YouTube please?
Plenty of us use communial PC's and can't upgrade software at all and hence can't view the video
 Glyn Jones 12 Jun 2007
In reply to TheHobbit:
> (In reply to Adam Lincoln)
>
> Plenty of us use communial PC's and can't upgrade software at all and hence can't view the video

Awe, bless!
 abarro81 12 Jun 2007
In reply to Alastair Lee: works for me now, cheers!
 Alastair Lee 12 Jun 2007
In reply to TheHobbit: Just uploading it on U-tube now. The text at the end says 'Part Two- Dave takes his jumper off on an E7, coming soon'.
Cheers
(marktomlinson) 12 Jun 2007
In reply to Alastair Lee: Couldnt find anything on u-tube..
 Alastair Lee 12 Jun 2007
In reply to (marktomlinson): Give it a chance - its just processing it, seems to be taking a while. I'll let you know when its working. CHeers
OP Michael Ryan 13 Jun 2007

New link..

https://www.posingproductions.com/video.php?form_action=play&video_id=8...

Updated on the news page too.

M
 Ally Smith 13 Jun 2007

Thanks a lot.
Like others i'm stuck without internet access on my home PC and have to make do with Uni machines that get updated once a term or worse!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...