UKC

gear-zone?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 holly 15 Jun 2007
have you dealt with this company before?

how have you found them?

the money was taken out of my account 8 days ago for my purchase, which is supposed to arrive within 3 working days and still hasnt - they haven;t replied to any of my emails asking about it either

what should i do?

holxxx
 Ashley 15 Jun 2007
In reply to holly:

Have you phoned them and actually spoken to someone? If not then that'd be a good place to start.
 JLS 15 Jun 2007
In reply to holly:

Buy drugs on the street. Use cash.
 Ridge 15 Jun 2007
In reply to holly:

You'd have been better asking about them before you made a purchase

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=233114

Sorry
loopyone 15 Jun 2007
In reply to Ridge: i've only had good experiences with them (buying drugs with cash that is)

They were really quick when i bought stuff from them.
stuartgmilton 15 Jun 2007
I've had a couple issues with them.

They take the money out and then put it back into your account without telling you in a few months after they've found out there is no stock.

You do get a reply if you email them, it just takes a while

They used to be quite good, but have went down in my estimations a little.

Stu
OP holly 15 Jun 2007
all the people who had problems with them in the past - said they rang and got told the items were out of stock - did they first get the automated email telling them items had been dispatched?

trying to ring them - but only found the number from the other thread, no - ones answering

holxxx
 Foxache 15 Jun 2007
In reply to holly:

They're shocking. It took me loads of chasing to be finally told, after about 2 months of waiting, that my item "would unfortunately no longer be available" just before I was about to go on a trip that I'd needed it for.

When I asked them why the hell they hadn't mentioned this before, they replied with the email equivalent of a shrug.
OP holly 15 Jun 2007
In reply to Altitude Addict:

ok, so, if they wont reply to emails, and wont answer the phone, is there any way (trading standards or whatever) that i can get my money back?

i'll keep trying to ring and whatnot, but i cant wait 2 months - i'm off to NZ in like 5 weeks

holxxx
 UKC Forums 15 Jun 2007
This thread was started in the THE CHAT ROOM forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Climbing Gear - Post all your climbing gear-related questions here. You know how you love comparing Friends with Camalots!

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
 Foxache 15 Jun 2007
In reply to holly:
> (In reply to Altitude Addict)
>
> i'm off to NZ in like 5 weeks
>
> holxxx

It seems to take the Gearzone staff that long to brew up a coffee and check their emails.

eileenrobley 15 Jun 2007
In reply to holly:
As people have done on the other thread, get a refund and buy from somewhere else. Reading other people's comments, I wouldn't be optimistic of your stuff arriving before you go away!
 gear boy 15 Jun 2007
In reply to holly: try the venturesport number in norwich, same company www.venturesport.co.uk

Flicka@work 15 Jun 2007
In reply to holly:

They still havent replied an enquiry email sent ove r amonth ago. Not bothering with them!
 niggle 15 Jun 2007
It sounds a bit like they're running a scam that's popular on ebay - advertise items cheap, take payment, then keep the money for a month or so accumulating interest and using it to pay for other business ventures, then refund the money at leisure. If you get enough orders there's money to be made.
OP holly 15 Jun 2007
In reply to gear boy:

cool, its the website address number i've been trying to ring - just rang them, and they said they are under the same umbrella, but can't help me and gave me a different number

01603 410 108

thats the one i was ringing and am yet to get an answer.

grrrrrrrrr
holxxx
 hamish2016 15 Jun 2007
I don't think I'll ever be buying from gear-zone!
 kairenong 15 Jun 2007
In reply to holly: They're a disaster. I'm waiting for a refund too after cancelling when they couldn't deliver within 28 days or ordering. My credit card company have said they will "dispute the transaction" if and when I ask them to go ahead. I am giving them the Distance Selling regulations 30 day limit since date of cancellation of order to refund me, then I will be getting back in touch with the credit card company, and Trading Standards.
Tracy1 18 Jun 2007
In reply to holly:

I ordered a tent from Gear Zone on the 3rd June 2007. A parcel did arrive on the 7th June 2007, however, they have only sent one part of the tent. Since then I have been emailing them and ringing their number 01603 410108 with no response! I am very angry and disgusted with their service. How can a Company be allowed to trade like that? They were quick enough to take my payment.

What use is having only part of a tent and not having any poles, etc to put it up with.
 Foxache 18 Jun 2007
In reply to niggle:
> It sounds a bit like they're running a scam that's popular on ebay - advertise items cheap, take payment, then keep the money for a month or so accumulating interest and using it to pay for other business ventures, then refund the money at leisure. If you get enough orders there's money to be made.

Very true, especially if you were to invest it (and knew what you were doing of course).

Phil Sneyd 18 Jun 2007
In reply to holly: All that glitters is not gold! Use online shopping that has a proper terrestrial shop attached to it. Live and learn. Apparently they're going out of business, so you may be lucky to get it back!!!
GerryS 18 Jun 2007
In reply to holly:

I bought berghaus paclite pants from them a couple of weeks ago, they took about a week to arrive but no other complaints and price was the best.
OP holly 20 Jun 2007
In reply to GerryS:

they arrived yeterday - about a week and a half late, but i can't really complain.
wouldnt use them again though - its a bit of a game 'will ir arrive/havei lost my money'

they never once answered the phone or replied to an email though

holxxx
stan 20 Jun 2007
In reply to holly:

Seems to me that from the negative replies and the replies in the thread that was pasted in , Gear Zone are a bullsh*t company which needs sorting. Has nobody thought about collecting all the complaints and sedn it to the authorities? Surely they are in breach of regulations and the sooner they are being sorted out - that is cleaning up their act or stop trading - the better. I despise companies who claim to be the cheapest and can then not deliver .... ps , gear zone is not the only company who is using simialr tactics ... my suggestion is to be vigilant and only use trusted traders... and check UKC first before buying
 bpmclimb 20 Jun 2007
In reply to holly: I've had problems with gear-zone as well as several other online companies. It seems that it's becoming more common for them to take your money for out-of-stock items. They tell you that the item is in stock, take your money, and then tell you sorry, it's out of stock. Maybe sometimes just a mistake, but I suspect often not (in which case I think it's illegal, although hard to prove).

Definitely better to get a phone no. and order from someone direct - get their assurance that the item is actually in stock. Ask for their name, too.

Better still IMO is to go back to using shops. By the time you've got your BMC discount, or whatever, the online savings aren't always that great. You also have easy comeback if something's wrong, you can see the actual gear before you buy, and you get free advice. The advertised range of gear from the online companies is larger, but as we're finding out, the range of gear they actually have in stock is often much smaller.

These days I prefer paying a few quid extra and using a shop.
MikeHerridge 27 Jun 2007
In reply to holly: I have reported them to trading standards today. I found this thread through a google search and it seems to be describing exactly the problems I'm having - goods ordered, order cancelled, no goods or refund. I have registered the transaction as a dispute with the credit card company, but everyone should be aware that this has to be done within 90 days of purchase - lucky I found out today as it's 89 days for me!!
Big Dave 22 28 Jun 2007
In reply to holly:
Has anyone been to the address given on the website? If so is there ever anyone there? I'm still waiting for a refund and I'm thinking about paying them a vist.
 Niall 28 Jun 2007
In reply to Big Dave 22:

If I got an email saying that somebody called 'Big Dave' wasn't happy and was going to pay me a visit, I'd get his gear sorted and sent right away!
Paulfos 29 Jun 2007
In reply to holly:

I too have had exactly the same problems with Gear Zone. The pattern seems to be; advertising a product as available from stock, taking your money, sending an e mail a number of days later saying they have to get it direct from the supplier, another e mail many days later saying that it is no longer available but ignoring(so far) my request to refund the money which they have now had for approaching a month.

People who operate like this only get one chance and they have had it as far as I'm concerned.
AshleyAfrica2007 05 Jul 2007
In reply to Paulfos:

I ordered three things from them the other week, one of which I then cancelled. They still took the full payment for all 3 items off my c/card. And I havent heard back from them! I go to Africa in 3 weeks, so dont really know what to do about this.

Gorrilla 05 Jul 2007
In reply to stan:
> (In reply to holly)
>
> Seems to me that from the negative replies and the replies in the thread that was pasted in , Gear Zone are a bullsh*t company which needs sorting. Has nobody thought about collecting all the complaints and sedn it to the authorities?

Why don't you??
rachie 09 Jul 2007
In reply to Big Dave 22:
Hi Big Dave, did you end up paying them a visit? I would be very curious to know how that went! I have had the same problems as everyone else, and have contacted BBCs consumer watchdog. You can fill out the form online and if everyone here who has had a problem did that maybe it would be investigated. There are a lot of very pissed off people!
The-Shield 15 Jul 2007
In reply to holly: I received a Berghaus C2 series bag that I ordered on behalf of a friend within a reasonable timescale.

The long and short of it is that the bag wasn't suited to what it was to be used for so we sent it back in compliance with their returns policy.

We have yet to hear anything from them and they are not replying to emails and I can't get anyone to answer the phone, it just rings and rings until it cuts off (some BT ring limit thing). Understandably my friend is getting worried as he s currently down £100 and has no bag to travel with.

Has anyone been in contact with Gear Zone recently? Can anyone shed some light on the subject (aside from the fact that they are obvioulsy a bunch f c*nts)?

This is my first post by the way so hello to everyone.

Kev
 danny 7a+ 15 Jul 2007
In reply to The-Shield: hi and welcome to a some times sort of civilised ukc. many happy arguing posts to come. danny
The-Shield 16 Jul 2007
In reply to The-Shield: Just as a follow up, I sent an email from an alternate address, one that had not been used for any orders with them and I got a reply. Still nothing about the order though.
 Ian McNeill 16 Jul 2007
In reply to holly:

check the DSR statement on the website all proper contact details should be there for all to see, and it should be easy to find... but it also sounds like they need reporting to trading standards, cancel your contract in writing and ask for a refund.

Trading Standards
http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

Distance Selling Regulations
http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/buying-selling/distance-selling/index.html

Safe online shopping
http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/buying-selling/distance-selling/Safe%20Onli...

Having said that we brought and paid for a cooker hood and it took 6 months to arrive ... despite 10's of letters and complaints to OFT and TS
 Ian McNeill 16 Jul 2007
In reply to Ian McNeill:

DSR summay http://tinyurl.com/32y5hu

also their website should have the company details at the footer and it does not ...
http://www.out-law.com/page-7594
OP holly 16 Jul 2007
In reply to Ian McNeill:

my stuff arrived a week or so later
but other people still are having loads of problems with them and they just dont answer the phone or reply to emails

s&R do a internet price match, where if the other web site have the item you want, in the same model, colour and size as s&r and the other site say they have it in stock. might be worth looking in to, i think it applies to sale items aswell. also couts for like 2 weeks after you have bought something aswell.

holxxx
The-Shield 16 Jul 2007
In reply to holly: I have managed to speak to someone from Venturesport, who are a sister company of Gear-Zone (used whois and googled the registered addres). The chap openly admitted that they are "crap with their phones". He then spoke to a manager, came back to me and asked for contact details and said he would get someone from Gear-Zone to phone me today.

Wether or not this happend, we shall see. I will keep this post active so if I get anywhere others may be able to go the same route.
The-Shield 16 Jul 2007
In reply to holly: I actually got a call back from a guy at Gear Zone.

They're now saying that they haven't received my return and I'll have to go through Royal Mail Insurance to claim my money back.

It all very suspiscious to me and I think they've got the bag and are going to continue lying about it so they get their stock back and the money for nothing, if you get what I mean.

Anyway, from my experiences I'd warn anyone and everyone to steer clear of Gear-Zone. I'd also be loathed to order anything from Venture Sport as they seem to be owned by the same person and he's obviously a c*nt.

Kev
jemcoady 24 Jul 2007
In reply to holly:
Keep on at them. I had a similar experience with them: ordered a sleeping mat at what seemed a good price, hadn't arrived after more than a month. It took a lot of emails and several phone calls to get a refund. The phone calls did it in the end. Then bought it at my local shop for about the same price with club discount.
Am having a similar experience with "Outdoor code" run by one Andrew Easby: no stove, no refund, no replies to many emails, voice mail box full. Anyone know anything about this company?
Moral: unless you're sure of the company, make contact before you buy to check stock & get a sense of what they're about.
skye_scrambler 24 Jul 2007
RE: Refund problems with Gear-Zone:
Never buy from Gear Zone !
I finally got my refund from this dodgy company last week. They won't answer the phone, but they are reading their emails. When it got to an unbelieveable 25 days after I returned the item with no refund or contact made, I sent them daily emails written with just the facts (dates, amounts, Royal Mail delivery confirmation) and also quoted the 30 day refund requirement as stated in the Distance Selling Act 2000.
It worked. The refund was processed on the 30th day after I'd returned the item (ie. cancelled the order).
So they're operating within an inch of the law, probably trying desperately to save their rubbish little outfit.

dshearer 24 Jul 2007
In reply to holly: I was speaking to someone at the weekend who was a former employer and they said they were going under!
AdAlta 25 Jul 2007
GEAR-ZONE = DISGRACE

I have just received an email claiming to have returned my money after 10 WEEKS AND 4 DAYS!! They cited technological issues... Thanks to this forum I contacted VentureSport and 'Dave' seems to have got things moving. I have, until now, had the same experience of unanswered emails etc They have clearly taken the p*ss to new levels.

Fingers crossed I actually receive the ca$h...
 mountainbagger 26 Jul 2007
As well as on this site, you can exact a tiny amount of revenge here:
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews106144.html
P***** Off K 27 Jul 2007
In reply to jemcoady: I ordered 2 issues of Bushcraft magazine on the 25th June (2007).The money was taken the next day by www.outdoorcode.com.
Several emails, several phonecalls,several texts,emails to Andrews (still trading as outdoorcode) EBAY shop,even an email to (what I believe to be) his dogbreeding site (merjuke@aol.com) and nothing..............today is the 27th of July.
I have just sent a text to 01729 851 954.
You could try 07956 833605 too.
By the way, his eBay feedback is beginning to take a bit of stick.
At no point has any explanation been offered, this is what gets my goat.
I have now taken the steps to trace this jokers private details with a view to getting a refund in person.
People like this disgust me.
K.
 Joe Miller 27 Jul 2007
In reply to holly: I've had similar experiences to others on this topic - money taken, non-delivered goods, refund offered and not had money after weeks of witing, company citing 'technological problems' (strange, they had no difficulty taking money from my account). Did finally manage to get a refund, but only getting through to an actual person in the office, who processed it there and then. Can't remember the number I phoned but these look similar - http://bgontheweb.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!4417A4728C298CD7!1136.entry
Good luck, and hope you get your stuff!
 FrankBooth 27 Jul 2007
In reply to holly:
if you go to Companies House's website you can perform a search on the company owners (it costs around £3.50). You then need to o to a credit assesment site likef Risk Disk (www.riskdisk.com), where you can perform a free trial credit check.

Once you have a couple of Director name, go to 192.com (aka stalkers paradide) and find out where the to55er5 live
maggie 39 03 Aug 2007
In reply to holly: I used my mothers credit card for a new berghaus jacket on the 26th and still havent received the jacket have sent a couple of email and going to try the phone tomorrow
 GarethSL 03 Aug 2007
In reply to maggie 39:
> (In reply to holly) I used my mothers credit card for a new berghaus jacket

oooo errr!!!
The-Shield 05 Aug 2007
In reply to holly:

Its been a while since I posted about my dealings with gear-zone.

I finally got through to them, got the bag I want and a refund for the difference.

The way I had to do it was to contact Venture Sport and get them to pass a message on to gear-zone. After saying that they didnt receive the returned bag I all got an email a few days later saying that they did actually receive the return and they were processing the exchange. Within a week of the email I had the bag I wanted and a refund for the difference.

It took a lot of messing about and I'd warn anybody and everybody against ordering with them as they are a total sham.
london_fox 06 Aug 2007
I ordered a rucksack from them on the 11th July 2007 and am still waiting for the product I ordered. they sent me an email on the day I ordered telling me they did not have the item in stock and that they would have to source the item direct from the manufacturer. I have not had an update and the money has already been taken from my account.

I have sent a few emails but no response. If I find out who to contact regarding getting your money back, I will let you all know. Only advice I have is to avoid the website if you have not already bought from them.
The-Shield 07 Aug 2007
In reply to london_fox:

I've already said who to contact;

Venture Sport. Get them to pass a message to Gear Zone (who do not answer the 'public' phone at the adimission of a Venture Sport Staff Member).
Fiona Morrison 03 Sep 2007
In reply to holly:

This has happened to me I've been waiting since July 11th for a refund and am now hanging on the phone for a reply.
Did you ever get any joy?

Fiona
Big T 23 Sep 2007
Gear Zone don't reply to calls or e-mails, try Venture Sport (same group) on 01603 613378, they managed to get a reply to tell me the order was out of stock!
Vincent Leleu 28 Sep 2007
In reply to holly:

This is the 2nd time I get fooled by the good looking website with everything "in stock"!

I guess I was lucky compared to some others of you. The first time the items hadn't arrived after 2 weeks so I emailed them asking to cancel the order, around 30 days later the money was back on my card.

This time I order items that are all marked "in stock", then I receive two identical e-mails (12 hours between the two) saying that they had to back-order from the manufacturer and that it would take 14-21 days for delivery.
I send an e-mail asking for them to cancel my order.
Then I receive an email saying that my order has been shipped and will be with me in 3 days!

I personally think they have very little stock and that they back-order most of the items that are bought. They manage to stay in business with a flashy website and coning with supposedely extensive stock.

I WILL NEVER EVER order from GEAR-ZONE, nor will I order from VENTURE SPORTS !!!
alan4 29 Sep 2007
In reply to Vincent Leleu: These guys are on the way out. Venture sport and Gear zone are both ultimately owned by the same person. Apparantly gear zone havn't paid suppliers for stock and can't now get any more, in some cases. Venture sport are trying to get out of this "debt" by "buying" gear zone. This is a total farce, frankly, and does nothing to help customers (myself included) who have been ripped off by gear zone. They sell their gear so cheap, it's no wonder they are going bust! It wouldn't suprise me if many of the brands gear zone claim to "stock" take them to court. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
Michael Robertson 01 Oct 2007
In reply to Big T's comments

What I did

I did exactly this (got in touch with Venture Sport) after getting the '14 day delivery email' and spoke to a very helpful person, Heidi. She explained that Venture Sport have indeed taken over and she is handling the sorting out of the Gear Zone problems. She organised my refund (she in fact cancelled the transaction altogether after explaining that Venture Sport dont take money until the goods are despatched). My experience was therefore not as bad as others as I seem to have come in at the time that it is all being sorted out. I have learnt from this...dont order from sites with no telephone number and aslo always make sure they have a store that is known and exists! Good luck to you all.

thehobbit 01 Oct 2007
In reply to Ashley: i have had problems with this company,i tried phoning them but no one would answer the phone
artic.hamster 02 Oct 2007
and to think i was gonna by from that place. im sorry about you losing your money and all i could advise is get in touch with trading standerds.
NicB 10 Oct 2007
In reply to holly:
> (In reply to Altitude Addict)
>
> ok, so, if they wont reply to emails, and wont answer the phone, is there any way (trading standards or whatever) that i can get my money back?
>
> i'll keep trying to ring and whatnot, but i cant wait 2 months - i'm off to NZ in like 5 weeks
>
> holxxx

WE are currently experiencing similar problems, money gone no contact or response by phone or email and now the website has gone!!! Looks bad. We are approaching paypal as our first line of attack. Good luck with your own endeavours
regards Nic

Diane 11 Oct 2007
In reply to jemcoady:
> (In reply to holly)
> Keep on at them. I had a similar experience with them: ordered a sleeping mat at what seemed a good price, hadn't arrived after more than a month. It took a lot of emails and several phone calls to get a refund. The phone calls did it in the end. Then bought it at my local shop for about the same price with club discount.
> Am having a similar experience with "Outdoor code" run by one Andrew Easby: no stove, no refund, no replies to many emails, voice mail box full. Anyone know anything about this company?
> Moral: unless you're sure of the company, make contact before you buy to check stock & get a sense of what they're about.

I am having exactly the same problem with "Outdoorcode". I ordered an axe, they took my money and I have been unable to contact them since. Their main 'order line' phone number can't "receive incoming calls"! I found another phone number which has a recorded message from Andrew Easby saying he will phone you back or for you to phone his mobile. I have left numerous messages which are never returned. Whenever I've phoned his mobile there is a message saying my call "cannot be connected to this number". I have also sent a number of emails which have not been replied to.

I have now reported this 'company' to Trading Standards who, having looked at their website, are now reporting them for breach of legislation. I have also contacted the manufacturers of the axe to see whether Outdoorcode is one of their approved suppliers. Although they said they have sold to him in the past, they were very concerned about what I had to say, and are investigating the situation.

Also, I looked Outdoorcode up on the Companies House website, and although I don't really understand these things, I think he has not paid any tax since January 2006 despite continuing to take money off people.

DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM OUTDOORCODE!!

In addition, it seems that this Andrew Easby breeds dogs in Huddersfield and sells them - poor things! I have had a look at a couple of these website and am now going to report them to Trading Standards because they too are breaching legislation!

DON'T BUY A DOG FROM HIM EITHER, IT PROBABLY HASN'T BEEN LOOKED AFTER PROPERLY. THIS MENANCE NEEDS TO BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS COMPLETELY.
In reply to Anonymous:

> Site still works for me

Yes; the website is still there, and, I think, still taking money.

But the company behind it is no more.

Read the litany of problems people have had, and are still having, and then decide whether you want to give these people your money.
Anonymous 17 Oct 2007
In reply to holly:

Thanks guys, just saved me £159, i managed to cancel my card before they took payment, phew!
clamhen 22 Oct 2007
I too have been ripped off by Andrew Easby of "OutdoorCode" fame. Can anyone provide me a home address?
DingoDv 26 Oct 2007
Haven't personally used GearZone, but living in Norwich I regularly go into Venturesport.
Heard lots of bad things about GZ from lots of people, and never been terribly impressed with VS, but looks like things may be drawing to and end for them, they currently have a 20% sale off everything due to sales being low last month (according to insiders)
Yellowtonka 30 Oct 2007
In reply to DingoDv: Hi - i'm new here and keen on finding out anything about outdoorcode...

Those who dare - read on...
http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43412&highlight=ou...

I have lost £90 to get some kit that has never arrived. I have raised the case with paypal but he doesn't have any money in his account to refund, so paypal can do nothing.

I have raised this with consumer direct, who will be passing info onto trading standards. Otherwise there is nothing more they can do. They suggested I report this to the Police as fraud.

Lots of stuff has been said on other forums about the chap that runs this, but at the end of the day, if hes a nice bloke or not - I don't know him. I paid my money and expect something for it. Whatever the reason - I want my money back. The money must have been removed from the paypal account at some stage! The webpage has just been left running to remove money from people - but no goods are ever going to come. The website is now closed down.

I'm just after anyone elses experiences and any contact details and numbers etc before I report this to the Police.

Many thanks

Stu
Ferdis 02 Nov 2007
In reply to DingoDv: Can I trust Venturesport online shop?
 Alex Roddie 02 Nov 2007
In reply to Ferdis:
I've always found the Venturesport online shop to be prompt and trustworthy. Haven't used it in a couple of years though: Venturesport is my local gear shop so these days I tend to buy gear in person!
EmmaAt 12 Nov 2007
In reply to holly: Hi there, i have just registered a complaint with paypal to investigate them but no luck. I ordered goods from them in september 2007 they took the money out of my account using paypal and i didn't receive any goods. no refund either. Shocking. am gutted. they didn't reply to any emails and they no longer have the website. DO NOT USE THIS SELLER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EmmaAt 12 Nov 2007
In reply to Yellowtonka: Just read your message. Crikey i didn't realise i wasn't the only one to be ripped off by this muppet. I shall definately be reporting this to the authorities, i suppose if we all do maybe we might get something back. thanks for that.
EmmaAt 12 Nov 2007
In reply to P***** Off K: If you have any info on Andrew Easby at all please could you let me know. He took 40 quid from my card after i ordered a kelly kettle for my hubby in september and i got nowt from him the ass. I know its not alot of money to some people but it is to me. cheers
Yellowtonka 13 Nov 2007
In reply to EmmaAt: Check out the forums on Bushcraft uk and search for outdoorcode for further news...
In reply to clamhen:

According to http://tinyurl.com/2emsda it is

Andrew Easby
outdoorcode
The Outdoorcode Ltd
The Green
Halton West
Skipton
BD23 4LL

Yellowtonka 04 Dec 2007
In reply to 7lbs overweight:
Has anyone managed to get any further with outdoorcode? I'm about to go elsewhere and buy my kit 'again', just wondering if paypal has managed to repay anyone?

Cheers
 Colin Thomson 12 Dec 2007
In reply to Yellowtonka:
Generally paypal can only refund if the seller has money in their account, if not then you won't get anything back.

If you funded your paypal payment with a Credit Card contact the CC company.

If you paid by CC direct then you can claim back the CC company.

Also contact the Citizens Advice Bureau, sometimes they can help if you have lost a fair amount.

Find out if the company has went down the tubes, if so then you would need to submit claim to Creditors.

otherwise you would need to write it off.
gnu 11 Jan 2008
In reply to Yellowtonka:
Hi Guys

I too have been ripped off by outdoorcode only for £32. Paypal awarded me the claim but couldn't pay because he had no funds. I got my bank to remove the £32 from paypal, paypal eventually send in the debt collection agency to get the money back from me!!

So it looks like a no win situation allround. I have had my confidence in using Paypal serverely knocked, I thought niavely that you would have some form of protection with then as they advetise to be the safest way to buy on line, what a load of balls!!

Regards GNU
rapidboy 18 Jan 2008
In reply to gnu:
Im owed £50 by Andrew, tried claiming from PP but no money in his account and my bank won't cover me because i used a debit card and not a credit card.
gnu 21 Jan 2008
In reply to rapidboy: Hi Rapid boy, my bank got back the DD from Paypal but paypal then called in a debt collection agency to get the money back from me!!

Then a very confident young lady from Paypal assured me the moment that Andrew had funds in his account they would hold it to pay his debts, as if he will ever get money back in his account. It would be nice to find out what had happened to outdoor code just to put the matter to bed.. What really anoyed me was that there had obviously been problems back in June / july with goods not been sent out, why did it take till October to shutdown the site, for 4 months he just took money and sent out nothing, sounds like the perfect ruse

I think we can right it off to experience

Best wishes

GNU
flibbertigibbet 22 Jan 2008
In reply to holly:
Is Gear Zone still trading? New owners? Their website still works. Sorry if it's already been asked, there are a lot of posts on this thread to read.
seanelchorro 22 Jan 2008
In reply to holly:
I had bad problems with this company.
out of stock items which i cancelled then arrived 4 months later after i had sourced what i wanted elsewhere.
then i returned them to get a refund and did not get my money back despite several emails which have not been answered.
AVOID!!!
almost sane 22 Jan 2008
In reply to flibbertigibbet:

Gear Zone is dead dodgy.
Avoid them.
 gear boy 22 Jan 2008
In reply to flibbertigibbet: gear zone is now owned by venturesport in norwich, i beleive there is a link between the owners of old gear zone and new
anks 22 Jan 2008
In reply to holly:

You could try using Adventurexchange.com for gear.

The couple of times I have bought from them they have bent over backwards to assist.
Anonymous 22 Jan 2008
In reply to gear boy:

They is, the owners of both companies are the same!
 Dr Rorlasaurus 22 Jan 2008
Rock on Norwich!!

Well at least I no longer live there, but Venturesport were shite, also traded with Gear Zone who were similarly shite. But I did get my justice with VS when their own stupidity left me better off...

Good job Cotswolds are coming to town!
 Rich Pierce 22 Jan 2008
In reply to holly:

Have a look at the link below, gives some more details

http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/forum/forummessages/mps/dt/1/UTN/18854/last/1/...

Mikkel 06 Feb 2008
just had this email from Gear-Zone, i bought a sleepingbag from the almost 4 years ago with no problem, tent i ordered at same time was not in stock though and took a while to get.

"We are delighted to announce we are now under new ownership and this means that our service, stock ranges and prices are even better than before!

Now owned and managed by Venturesport, a company with 25 years trading in the biggest brands of outdoor footwear, clothing and equipment we can offer you some of the largest outdoor brands online with all products in stock and ready for next day delivery!

PLUS:

Massive discounts on leading outdoor brands
Online live stock control – the products you see are in our warehouse are ready and waiting to be dispatched to you
98% of orders are dispatched within 24 hours of receipt
Telephone support between 9am - 5:30pm 7 days per week*
To celebrate we have oodles of fantastic special offers and promotions planned for you over the coming months.

Plus a bumper January sale NOW ON with up to 50% off RRP. As a special thank you we have also included some exclusive offers below for our loyal customers simply click on the offer to buy online today!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support and patience and look forward to seeing a lot more of you in 2008!

Happy New Start!

P.S. Remember all products on the website are all in stock and ready for immediate dispatch"

---
Anyone want to try and test that P.S ??
In reply to Mokkel:

"We are delighted to announce we are now under new ownership and this means that our service, stock ranges and prices are even better than before!

"Now owned and managed by Venturesport"

> Anyone want to try and test that P.S ??

Yeah, right... it's worth reading the whole thread to find out just how 'new' this ownership is...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...