UKC

where to buy Polyurethane Rubber for molding ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 james wardle 15 Jun 2007
hi.

ive got a concrete pier cap that i need to make a copy of.

i was thinking of making a mould using polyurethane rubber, any ideas where i can buy this from, either online or in hampshire

or is there somthing better to make moulds from?

thanks

james
 GarethSL 15 Jun 2007
In reply to james wardle: cover it in cling film then plaster of paris? oldschool style
OP james wardle 15 Jun 2007
In reply to Gaz lord:

seting concrete is a bit harmfull to plaster and tends to eat away at it, or is there a trick i dont know about?
 GarethSL 15 Jun 2007
In reply to james wardle: cover the original in vaseline and cling film, absolutley cover this in plaster of paris strips, would prob need to be thick if your going to fill it with concrete, then slide it off the original when its dry (hence vaseline:P) fill the mould with concrete then cut off the plaster once the concrete is dry.
OP james wardle 15 Jun 2007
In reply to Gaz lord:

yes its the filling the plaster mold with concrete that im not convinced about wet concrete is very alkeline, and tends to disolve the plaster
 GarethSL 15 Jun 2007
In reply to james wardle: hence the cling film and vaseline
 woolsack 15 Jun 2007
In reply to james wardle: I bought vinyl rubber from a potters supplies for a different moulding job where a 3d shape with lots of undercuts needed a flexible mould. These people are helpful and although they don't have it listed, I am sure thats where i got mine
http://www.bathpotters.co.uk/index.php

You melt it in a pan and it us reusable for other jobs by remelting
 Dave Murphy 15 Jun 2007
In reply to james wardle:

ebay has latex mouling kits

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...