UKC

Climbing Kyrgyzstan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Marmot Catcher 01 Jul 2007
Me and a mate are looking to fly in to Bishkek in Sep and go climbing somewhere remote in Kyrgyzstan. Having trouble finding good sound info on first ascents especially in the Borkoldoi region.. can anyone help?
 climbersion 01 Jul 2007
In reply to Marmot Catcher:
Hi in two weeks I'm flying out to Kyrgyzstan with some mates for a 6 week expedition to the Karavshin area near Osh. We are heading to the Ak Su valley, so not sure about the Borkoldoi region. We have some pretty good beta on Kyrgyzstan and a few contacts in the country. Should be able to help, so email me via ukclimbing. Sept strikes me as quite late in the season, tho I guess it depends what you want to do.
In reply to climbersion: Wow, 6 weeks of exploring!! We're not so lucky and are taking unpaid leave from our works to go for 2 weeks only. We're in touch with an agent/logistics company in Bishkek but maps are the biggest problem at the moment - and knowing which mountains have been climbed and which ones haven't.
In reply to Marmot Catcher:

Me and a friend will be climbing there in September, we are planning visit Kokshall-Too range. I got the same problem with the maps there not any good ones for the glacier we are planning to visit, I believe there not any maps for Borkoldoy range???

Knowing what peaks are not been climb, will be very difficult for glaciers that be visited before by climbing expeditions. Anyway I got some information for Bolkoldoy range that I think will be useful to you.

Constantinos
In reply to Constantinos Andreou: Really interested to hear what you doing & where you're going. Any info on Borkoldoy would be fantastic. Are you flying from UK?
 davefount 03 Jul 2007
In reply to Marmot Catcher: In reply to Marmot Catcher: having done a lot of reasearch for a planned expedition next summer (2008) I have come to the conclusion that almost everything in the Borkoldoy either has been done, or is planned to be done next month.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...