UKC

three quater fishermans / swiss knot????

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
dylant 11 Jul 2007
after reading a previous post regarding this knot there seemed to be some confusion as to what it was and how it was tied, i have therefore photographed the four stages of tying this knot and posted it here http://www.esnips.com/nsdoc/0810486d-ffc7-4114-b730-914f2bed93b0
i use this knot to tie in and as far i have found it is easy enough to untie after being weighted and as safe as any other tie in knot. dyl
 JDDD 11 Jul 2007
In reply to dylant: The link doesn't work because I don't have an account. No idea what knot you are on about. What is wrong with a simple bowline or figure of 8 for tying in? If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Only two knots required in climbing - the knot you tie in with and the clove hitch with possibly a prussuk in certain cases.
 CJD 11 Jul 2007
In reply to Jon Dittman:

double fishermans comes in handy too, for joining ropes.

and overhand for tying ropes together for abseiling.

rginns 11 Jul 2007
In reply to Jon Dittman: Jon, I'm surprised. True you can get away with never using this knot, but I like to use different knots and have used this successfully in the past.

Nowt wrong in increasing the repetoire of rope tricks.

It depends on the amount and type of climbing, but I would have added the alpine butterfly and possibly the italian hitch in the two knots required for climbing
rginns 11 Jul 2007
In reply to dylant: I;ve used this a lot in the past too, dead easy to use and untie.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...