UKC

Why are women happy to be 2nd?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Anonymous 20 Jul 2007
Reading the Hardcock, sorry, Hardrock Challenge and I see it's lads climbing, little girlie driving and cooking. Passed a few tandems this week and it's always men at front women at back.
Motorbike pillion...Of course.
Even on this forum I've seen 'little girlies looking for strong men to take us climbing'.
Women are indeed equal, as long as men are on top!
 doz generale 20 Jul 2007
In reply to Anonymous:
i prefer the woman on top
 Mystery Toad 20 Jul 2007
In reply to Anonymous:

Yeah and who is leading the hardest free climbs in the world?

Lynn Hill a tiny yank female.

so uh, what were you saying?
 Rubbishy 20 Jul 2007
In reply to Anonymous:

I think women are equal to men, and will tell my secretary that when she comes back from Starbucks with my coffee.
 sutty 20 Jul 2007
In reply to Anonymous:

As I never rode a motor bike but did thousands of miles pillion I have always been at the back, and two riders were females. The last routes I have done have all been with females leading as well, apart from the Little Tryfan thing last year.

When both me and my wife were working it was first home, get the fire lit and tea on, no 'it is her job' for us.
 Toby S 20 Jul 2007
In reply to Anonymous:

The 'little girlie' driving the HRC guys is having to drive hundreds of miles on sod all sleep! I don't think she's taking second place at all.
 Mystery Toad 20 Jul 2007
In reply to sutty:

My lass and me will be oblidged to separate some household duties.
I make the pancakes cuz she don't know how and she makes the tea.
cuz i'm a yank.
 alj 20 Jul 2007
In reply to Toby S:
> (In reply to Anonymous)
>
> The 'little girlie' driving the HRC guys is having to drive hundreds of miles on sod all sleep! I don't think she's taking second place at all.

The 'little girlie' would also shoot you down for suggesting she was coming second to anyone. She is an integral part of the HRC team. The fact that she is a 'she' is irrelevant to her, and the boys doing the climbing I imagine.
 callum 20 Jul 2007
In reply to sutty: Same here Sutty with regards to who gets home first. I reckon lots of people are like that. Doesnt make sense to divvy up housework according to gender, except hoovering which I always do as I like hoovering!
Agent Moog 20 Jul 2007
In reply to Mystery Toad:
> (In reply to Anonymous)
>
> Yeah and who is leading the hardest free climbs in the world?

I.e. 9a+ or 8c+ on trad gear? Sharma, Usobiaga, Ramonet, Graham, McClure, MacLeod, Trotter etc etc

> Lynn Hill a tiny yank female.

She did the Nose, 8b+, free in a day about 10 years ago, a very impressive ascent.

> so uh, what were you saying?

What are you saying?
 Tiggs 20 Jul 2007
In reply to Anonymous: I have been told that should we ever go tandem riding. he insists I be at the front as it will motivate him....
Nick B not logged on 20 Jul 2007
In reply to alj:
> (In reply to Toby S)
> [...]
>
>
> The 'little girlie' would also shoot you down for suggesting she was coming second to anyone. She is an integral part of the HRC team. The fact that she is a 'she' is irrelevant to her, and the boys doing the climbing I imagine.

I am sure it is more relevant to Rich than it is Mark. I certainly find the fact that my wife is a she very relevant.
 BelleVedere 20 Jul 2007
In reply to Nick B not logged on:

Just what i was thinking
 Toby S 20 Jul 2007
In reply to callum:
> except hoovering which I always do as I like hoovering!

Strange boy!

CJD 20 Jul 2007
In reply to Toby S:

that was a very sly name change, young man - did it happen recently?
 Smitz 20 Jul 2007
In reply to Anonymous:
> Motorbike pillion...Of course.

It's known as the bitch seat for a reason I think
 callum 20 Jul 2007
In reply to CJD: No, he's always been called Toby.
 sutty 20 Jul 2007
In reply to callum:

I do the hoovering every day, the sodding cat sees to that, dropping its fur if I miss one.

Never did polishing though, only dust if I cant see the TV or Computer screen.
 alj 20 Jul 2007

In context obviously!

I was trying (in a very badly communicated way) to suggest that Rich and Mark considered their driver to be key to the team and had not selected Sam on the basis that they needed a 'little girlie' to tag along and look after them.

But I'll shut up now as I risk being dragged into a potential troll-slip-up incident where someone gets offended and accuses me of being a feminist in an attempt to insult me, and then someone else suggests that as a woman what would I know anyway - particularly not being involved in the HRC - and then someone will mention owls or grammar and it'll just ruin the start to the weekend.
 callum 20 Jul 2007
In reply to sutty: Agreed! Dusting just makes me sneeze. Hate dusting.
 Toby S 20 Jul 2007
In reply to CJD:
> (In reply to Toby S)
>
> that was a very sly name change, young man - did it happen recently?

Earlier on this morning!
Bob kate bob 20 Jul 2007
In reply to alj:
WOW

You have distilled the essance of 99% of threads on UKC!!

time-for-tea 20 Jul 2007
In reply to CJD:
Now I'll never find out what Am Fear Liath Mor means...
something something big grey?
 Toby S 20 Jul 2007
In reply to alj:

Nowt wrong with being a feminist, my wife is one, her dissertation was on 'feminist utopian literature' and she does loads of martial arts and is getting worryingly handy with various bladed weapons!
 Toby S 20 Jul 2007
In reply to time-for-tea:

The Big Grey Man. Go to Beinn Macdui and you may well meet him!
Nick B not logged on 20 Jul 2007
In reply to alj:

I was just joshing.
 alj 20 Jul 2007
In reply to Toby S:

Cool - not just a feminist but a violent feminist!
 alj 20 Jul 2007

I know Just don't go mentioning owls.
 alj 20 Jul 2007

Or tapirs
Anita 20 Jul 2007
In reply to time-for-tea: Big Grey man!
Nickname for the ghostie sometimes seen on Ben Macdui following folks in teh mist and scaring them witless....
 TN 20 Jul 2007
In reply to Anonymous:

> Motorbike pillion...Of course.

Ha haaa - because we're just too scared to even contemplate driving one of those scary beasties ourselves...
Arse.
OP Anonymous 20 Jul 2007
In reply to alj:

>
>
> The 'little girlie' would also shoot you down for suggesting she was coming second to anyone. She is an integral part of the HRC team. The fact that she is a 'she' is irrelevant to her, and the boys doing the climbing I imagine.

She's not one of the climbers though!
 alj 20 Jul 2007
In reply to Anonymous:

And...............

Unless you are Sam cunningly being anonymous - why does it bother you that she isn't climbing?

Why does doing the climbing mean coming first?

Oh b*ll*cks - now I'm responding to an annoying troll thingy. Where's my favourite owl, I'm off to see whether I can put an apostrophe in the wrong place in my latest tapir care leaflet.
 Mystery Toad 20 Jul 2007
In reply to Bob kate bob:
> (In reply to alj)
> WOW
>
> You have distilled the essance of 99% of threads on UKC!!
>
>

You mean misspelled?
 TN 20 Jul 2007
In reply to Anonymous:

My god, you're tiresome...
 sutty 20 Jul 2007
In reply to alj:

You do not need to put asterisks in the word bullocks you know.

I was looking for pics of Sam climbing on Orange House website but it seems to be down.
In reply to Tiggs:

> I have been told that should we ever go tandem riding. he insists I be at the front as it will motivate him....

Naahh... it's just so that he can take it easy and let you do all the pedalling.
 tlm 21 Jul 2007
In reply to Anonymous:

Maybe you simply attract the wrong sorts of women around you?
 Banned User 77 21 Jul 2007
In reply to sutty: My wife does almost all the cooking, she enjoys it, so I do all the washing up. She's a bit of a kitchen Nazi so cooking together just does not work.
 Dave Stelmach 21 Jul 2007
In reply to Anonymous: In my experience, they always like to come first

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...