UKC

almscliff or crookrise

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Russell Lovett 22 Jul 2007
forcast for tuesday looks ok. was thinking of deer gallows/crookrise or almscliff does anyone know if it is dry at deer gallows and crookrise or would i be better of going to almscliff and if i do will the ground at almscliff is muddy or not.would prefer to go to deer gallows/cookrise but am flexable.
 Chris F 23 Jul 2007
In reply to russty: Never intentionally go to Almscliff, as you will always end up there, by default at some point. Crookrise dries amazingly quickly, but some of the routes in the gully at DG can take a while to dry out. If you have a full day with a good forecast, Crookrise for me every time.
In reply to Chris F: was thinking of croockrise as the main part of the day and deer gallows as a quick visit while im there as i would like to tick hangmans wall (one of the only Ron Fawcett routes im ever likely to do) never been to deer before might the wall where hangmans is be clean/dry enogh to make a little detour worth while.
 Chris F 23 Jul 2007
In reply to russty: Good paln. It's easy to cut across to from Crookrise, but path is hard to follow on the way up. May be a bit boggy round the bottom, hiking boots are a good idea.
In reply to Chris F:crookrise and deer gallows it is then lets hope it stays dry tommorrow.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...