UKC

Kilnsey & Malham Conditions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 richard kirby 22 Jul 2007
Anyone been up to Kilnsey this weekend? How's the seepage?

I was up a fortnight ago and the eyes of the ashes were wet (rest dry)...any knowledge appreciated?

For those interested, Malham is drying out...belive it or not! Baboo and Straightened both got done on Saturday & Yosemite wall rightwards was getting there. GBH, Predator, Overnite all getting worked. Upstairs routes all dry.

Rich
 Neil Binns 23 Jul 2007
In reply to richard kirby:
Hi Rich
Were you at Malham on Sat / Sun - was there any rain? Am thinking of going tomorrow evening and wondering if there is any seepage yet to come through.
OP richard kirby 23 Jul 2007
In reply to Neil Binns:

Hey Neil

Just light drizzle on saturday. I wasn't there yesterday but judging by Manc....I doubt much rain. I presume your interested in Tremelo. It had some wetness on crux, but rest dry. May well have improved - crag was lot drier than expected...the groove even looked ok.

I will be at K or Mal tomorrow - prob Malham. Text me and I'll give you the lowdown.
 GDes 23 Jul 2007
In reply to Neil Binns: it rained some at malham yesterday evening, but mostly a dry day. I dont think it will have affected much. Tremelo looked damp though...
http://www.malhamba.com/areas/europe/uk/yorkshire_limestone/malham

Neil Binns 23 Jul 2007
In reply to GDes:
Thanks for the info.

In reply to Richard Kirby:
Think I will probably head along tomorrow evening so may see you there
 Andy Farnell 23 Jul 2007
In reply to richard kirby: I'll be at the crag from around mid-day if you want a catch.

Andy F
In reply to andy farnell:

May see you if we don't go to K.
 UKB Shark 23 Jul 2007
In reply to richard kirby:

Can you guys keep an eye on Austrian for me.

Ta.
 Andy Farnell 23 Jul 2007
In reply to Simon Lee: I'll text you tommorow regarding the Oaky one.

Andy F
 Andy Farnell 23 Jul 2007
In reply to richard kirby: Do you have any more up to date conditions knowlegde for the big K?

Andy F

Afraid not.
jen2 23 Jul 2007
In reply to simon lee:

I looked at A Oak on saturday. A man who knew the route better than me thought it was climeable - the bottom bit was dry although the top groove / flake line looked damp. But I hear the holds are big up there!

UKB Shark 23 Jul 2007
In reply to jen2:

Cheers. Might be worth the trip as I'm still only working the middle.

Is that Jenny as in Andy and Jenny ?
 GDes 25 Jul 2007
Anyone been to kilnsey recently?
 Andy Farnell 25 Jul 2007
In reply to GDes: I believe Kilnsey is getting there, Malham is almost all dry.

Andy F
 GDes 25 Jul 2007
In reply to andy farnell: Aye we went to Malham on sunday, and was stunned how dry it was. brilliant day.

would be interested to see if kilnseys any better,
 Andy Farnell 25 Jul 2007
In reply to GDes: Kilnsey should be almost there I would have though. There's not been too much rain in that part of the world for the last few days AFAIK so conditions must be better than the last couple of weeks. I meant months of course... . North buttress is probably still seeping like a seepy thing.

Andy F
 Ian Patterson 25 Jul 2007
> (In reply to Ged Desforges) I believe Kilnsey is getting there, Malham is almost all dry.
>
Hi Andy,

Is New Dawn dry?

Are you on for Saturday?

Though I guess the likes of Chapel Head may be looking dry now as well,.

sutty 25 Jul 2007

Harrogate was warm and dry all day, with a reasonable breeze that is still blowing.
 Andy Farnell 25 Jul 2007
In reply to Ian Patterson: Saturday is a no-go as there's a big family BBQ/party on Friday night, so I doubt I'll be in condition, never mind the crags.

Would be very tempted by CHS sometime soon though.

Call you tomorrow night.

Andy F
 Ian Patterson 25 Jul 2007

No problem - may try and get out one afternoon next week so may catch you then.

Any answer on New Dawn?
 GDes 25 Jul 2007
In reply to Ian Patterson: looked pretty much dry on sunday, and will have improved a lot by then i think
 Andy Farnell 25 Jul 2007
In reply to Ian Patterson: Actually it looked fine. But your going upstairs anyway aren't you?

Andy F
Removed User 25 Jul 2007
In reply to andy farnell: Hiya. Sorry to butt in but from a trad point of view, how's the right hand end doing. Got my eyes on Carnage Left Hand...
OP richard kirby 25 Jul 2007
> (In reply to Ged Desforges) Kilnsey should be almost there I would have though.

As of yesterday....pretty dry, plenty to do.

Neil Binns 26 Jul 2007
In reply to Ian Patterson:

On tuesday evening New Dawn was mostly dry - bits of seepage here and there.

This photo was taken then:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/neilbinns/893604888/

However there has been a fair amount of rain since....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...