UKC

performance enhancing drugs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John Mcshea 26 Jul 2007
Anybody on here used them?
Jb.
 pigeonjim 26 Jul 2007
In reply to mcshea:
I use beer does that count?
 Mikkel 26 Jul 2007
In reply to pigeonjim:
you got it wrong, the beer use you.
 pigeonjim 26 Jul 2007
In reply to Mokkel:
No you use me and take it
 Banned User 77 26 Jul 2007
In reply to mcshea: No, I was once 'encouraged' to take creatine at a high level football club, by a top level ex player. I refused, it's legal I know, but for me still a supplement and start of the slope that I just don't want to be on.
OP John Mcshea 26 Jul 2007
In reply to pigeonjim:

> I use beer does that count?
depends what it enhances i suppose.
jb.

pigeonjim 26 Jul 2007
In reply to mcshea:
> (In reply to pigeonjim)
>
> [...]
> depends what it enhances i suppose.
> jb.

Not a lot I still cant climb for toffee
In reply to IainRUK:
is creatin that stuff they sell in health food shops as body building formular?
jb.
In reply to mcshea: probably, it's a natural product, at one time I was very very tempted, read up, and decided no. There are supposed risks, but for me it laid with the fact it was a perforance enhancer, and something I just couldn't take.
 Padraig 26 Jul 2007
In reply to IainRUK:

Slightly off topic (I hope!) good run in Angus Munros!
Done it circa 10/15 years ago. Won a prize too!! OS map of the area!!
P
 pigeonjim 26 Jul 2007
In reply to IainRUK:
> probably, it's a natural product,

your body produces it in small quantities to repair muscle damage The theory is that taking in more will make you heal better and quicker
 pigeonjim 26 Jul 2007
In reply to IainRUK:
> the fact it was a perforance enhancer, and something I just couldn't take.

PS Well done for that
In reply to Padraig:
Without drugs i assume?
Jb.
In reply to Padraig: Cheers, felt it was a bit too soon to the WHW, but happy with my time. Will definately run it again, a great race. My next big one will be the Lake District Mountain Trial. Reading FITC, finally, so getting attracted to the lakes runs.
 wilding 26 Jul 2007
In reply to mcshea:

I wonder if top level climbers are tested, or even if there is a governing body to perform the tests. The benefits for cutting edge climbers must be hard to resist.

Although in answer to your question I have not used any drugs, but without hard training it would be pointless to use them.
In reply to wilding: Sharma falied a test, so I presume they are.
 pigeonjim 26 Jul 2007
In reply to IainRUK:
Aye but his was hash wasnt it?
In reply to pigeonjim: But he was still tested.

heard of footballers banned for Cannabis too, never understood why.
 pigeonjim 26 Jul 2007
In reply to IainRUK:
Years ago one of our (st mirren) players got a positive on MDMA Eegit but it is paisley!!!
In reply to pigeonjim:
> (In reply to IainRUK)
> Years ago one of our (st mirren)

You don't admit things like that! Gretna's only 90 mile away man!
 pigeonjim 26 Jul 2007
In reply to IainRUK:
> (In reply to pigeonjim)
> [...]
>
> You don't admit things like that! Gretna's only 90 mile away man!

Dont get it
 Padraig 26 Jul 2007
In reply to IainRUK:
You're prob right about timing re WHW!
"My next big one will be the Lake District Mountain Trial"
I assume you've got an entry? Again done it 2/3 times in the 80's. Billy Bland era! Awesome! Had a mate Mike Rose (RIP) who was an organiser and went for the craic.
If you're attracted to lakes runs try Wasdale or Ennerdale!
Gold in Wasdale is coveted!

P
In reply to pigeonjim: Gretna are the up and coming team of scottish football, the new Inverness Cally. I reckon they play some of the best football outside of the SPL.

I tried supporting a few of my local teams in West Glasgow but just couldn't.

Do you watch St Mirren? Even a lower division team like that still ends up costing you quite a lot.

pigeonjim 26 Jul 2007
In reply to IainRUK:
Lower division? wtf we are SPL
Im from paisley and have supported them all my life
 Padraig 26 Jul 2007
In reply to IainRUK:
"I reckon they play some of the best football outside of the SPL"
Freudian??

P
In reply to Padraig: Just read about Mike in FITC, about the Jura race? I think. Sad story.

may do Borrowdale.

Have an entry for LDMRT, I'm friendly with the online entry organiser (Fabian 4), so knew to get in early.

I want to do all the lakes classics.

What I'd love to see is a UK wide long classics series,

Say all the lakes, the Scottish Races (Jura, Glen Clova, Arrochar..(anymore?)), the Welsh races (Rhinogs, Pedol Peris, 1000m Peaks Race) and the Manx.

I think the longs are coming back in favour.
In reply to pigeonjim: Still reckon its dire.

Played U21's against most of those teams and was never impressed at all.
In reply to Padraig: I know they have made it back up. Be good to see.

The SPL is 2 leagues, the gap between the top and bottom is greater than most european leagues. You'll see the likes of Boro, Fulham take points of the Uniteds, the SPL is too predictable.

Banned User 77 27 Jul 2007

>
> Have an entry for LDMRT,

No idea where the 'R' came from.
 Padraig 27 Jul 2007
In reply to IainRUK:
..(anymore?)),

I'd prob add Glen Rosa Horseshoe?

"I think the longs are coming back in favour."

That's just cos your fit!!
P
 pigeonjim 27 Jul 2007
In reply to IainRUK:
> (In reply to pigeonjim) Still reckon its dire.
>
> Played U21's against most of those teams and was never impressed at all.

Aye SPL standard is shite Below english championship IMHO Even the old filth are poor and would struggle in the championship BUT id do love my team (and my climbing lol )
 dek 27 Jul 2007
In reply to pigeonjim: Ach well, a 'real' SPL team let those Spanish Poseurs win tnite!
In reply to Padraig: Good suggestion. never been to Arran.

We have a group from eryri very keen on Jura.

It's looking like my footballing career is over, so the Manx may finally happen.

Started doing more 5 k's, 10k's and shorter fell races and realising why I enjoy the longs.

But want to do the Ben as well, don't know why, don;t think I'l enjoy it, but it's one of those races I feel I should do.

is the future of the 2 breweries now safe? heard it was questionable, that's another classic long, as much for the ale as anything.
 pigeonjim 27 Jul 2007
In reply to dek:
> (In reply to pigeonjim) Ach well, a 'real' SPL team let those Spanish Poseurs win tnite!

Im not biting (on the outside but -> 87? dundee shite? etc on the inside)
For a team as poor as my own they did very very well against a world class team Even if (as the daily ranger will no doubt print) that team is just back to work. AND the goal should have stood imo
CL has done wonders there and they are getting better Top 6 this year i think New keeper looks good and was talking to his defense lots which is a good sign
In reply to pigeonjim: That's the thing, the lower SPL would strggle in the championship, while the upper SPL team/teams would, I think, be a reasonable* EPL team.

*I reckon a top 8 team, 4th max.
Anonymous 27 Jul 2007
In reply to mcshea:

yes i have used PED's in the past

not staying anonymous for any other reason than the shit others will give me for it, i had legit(ish) reasons for using and was not competing at the time (also refused to record PBs at time)
 pigeonjim 27 Jul 2007
In reply to IainRUK:
I think they need to expand the leaugue to 14 and have 3 up 3 down AND ban the old filth from buying all the rare good Scottish players unless they play them more

So who did u play for?
 pigeonjim 27 Jul 2007
In reply to mcshea:
On original topic I know climbers in the lakes that have used them to get better grades but only sports climbers
In reply to pigeonjim: Not a top club at all, just a good junior club, Lennox.

I joined when I was 22, but somehow was eligible for one season at U21's (even though I wouldn't be in England), we were the Scottish champs at U17's I think, so still played at a good level. Played most of the lower SPL teams, Partick et al.

What suprised me was the lack of the physical game, they were really stamping it out at our level, but saying that we played most of our winter games on red blaze, which ruled out any slide tackles or going to ground.
 pigeonjim 27 Jul 2007
In reply to IainRUK:
Lennox Take it went in tooled up to every match with the teams u had to play!!!!
In reply to IainRUK:
> (In reply to pigeonjim) just a good junior club, Lennox.
>

As in Good youth set up, meant junior as in the English football meaning. never got my head around Scottish 'Junior' Leagues,
In reply to pigeonjim: Saw one opposition player (a sub)hit with a hammer. The police walked in the changing room and asked who saw what, 15 players sat there and asked "saw what?".
 wilding 27 Jul 2007
In reply to IainRUK:

I was thinking less about the climbers in the world championships as that is a sporting event. I was just wondering about high level climbers who simply push the barriers on grades. Sponsorship and fame are big motivating factors to increase your performance by 1-2%. A bit like comparing the mountaineers who climb with or without supplemental oxygen. Maybe future grades could be 9c+/ headpointed/drug assisted.
In reply to wilding:
> Maybe future grades could be 9c+/ headpointed/drug assisted.

But what is 'drug assisted'? O2 assisted means something, Drug assisted is so vague.

pigeonjim 27 Jul 2007
In reply to IainRUK:
> , Drug assisted is so vague.

Ale makes us brave?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...