UKC

How come Scafell is not in the National Park?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 beardy mike 02 Aug 2007
Just been looking on Google maps and it appears that Scafell isn't in the national park - is NT?
 Banned User 77 02 Aug 2007
In reply to mike kann: Are you sure?

Thought it was.
In reply to mike kann: I think that's google's problem, not Scafell's, which is certainly in.

T.
Removed User 02 Aug 2007
In reply to mike kann: It is within the bounds of the LDNP but the land is owned by the NT. Lots of similar areas in the Lakes.

Iain
OP beardy mike 02 Aug 2007
In reply to Removed User: Ah ha. Interesting - there's just a massive hole in the green patch... I might have to look atan OS as well...
 Banned User 77 02 Aug 2007
In reply to mike kann: I thought Snowdonia was unique in having a hole in the centre of the National Park?

Anyway Ogwen and loads of Snowdonia is NT within the NP, they are two separate things and being one doesn't preclude the other.
 Carolyn 02 Aug 2007
In reply to IainRUK:

You're right, land can be in the National Park regardless of who own it.

Sounds simply like unclear mapping - what with NT, NP & CROW access land boundaries things can get a little confused......
 ebygomm 02 Aug 2007
In reply to Carolyn:

> Sounds simply like unclear mapping - what with NT, NP & CROW access land boundaries things can get a little confused......

But there's a difference between getting boundaries confused and having a great big hole in the middle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...