UKC

Westway registration warning .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Postmanpat 03 Aug 2007

To climb at Westway(even bouldering) you need to register and do a little test (so far so normal).The wall is open most days from 10am to 10pm (still normal)

However,you cannot register on most days until after 5pm so don't bother to turn up for a first trip during the day .And don't bother looking on their website to find out this information.It's not there.

What a bunch of dorks.

Pat (who wasted 90 minutes of his life going to Westway and being unable to climb)
 Bonkers Dog 03 Aug 2007
In reply to Postmanpat:

yeah, I went there the other week and had the same trouble. complete waste of a journey and half a day. bloody annoying. but legged it up to the castle afterwards and managed to salvage an afternoon's climbing.
 tommyzero 03 Aug 2007
In reply to Postmanpat: They need a much better system there. At least one that informs you of what to expect if they can't make the changes, eh?

I had loads of problems and lost over a third of my climbing time the first time I went there. Upon taking another friend recently (his first time) we were left waiting for ages at the till after he'd completed the test to re register, he was ten told to re join the huge cue, despite having cued twice already. More dead time.

Just to point out this isn't much to do with the wall staff. The Westway wall is excellent otherwise.

Some small pieces of information like the above point and the op's point, would be really helpful. Also that you need a pound coin for the lockers and you won't get given change inside the centre, or directions to the nearest cash point! (Er.. think it's in Shepard's bush mate)

Incidentally after spending twenty minutes walking up and down the nearest cash point is in a shop about five minutes away. Turn left out of the Westway approach road (walking away from the tube) and it's past the off-licence.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...