UKC

A Scot at the England Germany match

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sjbutterworth 22 Aug 2007
Gordon Brown is going.

So will he support the sassanachs or the Germans
 hutchm 22 Aug 2007
In reply to sjbutterworth:

Reportedly, one of his favourite memories was Gazza's goal in Euro 96. Against Scotland.

Does that answer your question?
OP sjbutterworth 22 Aug 2007
In reply to hutchm:

Oh yes........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6280663.stm

Alex Salmond wasn't impressed was he
 hutchm 22 Aug 2007

It's a remarkable concept though isn't it? Supporting a team of losers just because you happen to have been born in that country. Though I suppose that sums up the Scottish electorate's relationship with the SNP.
 mark s 22 Aug 2007
In reply to hutchm: my mate was in the navy based in scotland during an england germany match and they were cheering on germany.says it all
In reply to mark s:

says all what?
 martin riddell 22 Aug 2007
In reply to hutchm:
> (In reply to sjbutterworth)
>
> It's a remarkable concept though isn't it? Supporting a team of losers just because you happen to have been born in that country.

Are you talking about the English fans here - you would be quite correct if you were.
 220bpm 22 Aug 2007
In reply to mark s:
> (In reply to hutchm) my mate was in the navy based in scotland during an england germany match and they were cheering on germany.says it all

And you wonder why?

I refer you to the post above your own.....
Removed User 22 Aug 2007
In reply to hutchm:
>
> Reportedly, one of his favourite memories was Gazza's goal in Euro 96. Against Scotland.

If anybody in England believes that then they deserve him!! (still a good goal though, but why pick that one out?)
 Norrie Muir 22 Aug 2007
In reply to hutchm:

We have got a better deal, we have got rid of Gordon Brown, you deserve someone like him.
 Simon4 22 Aug 2007

> So will he support the sassanachs or the Germans

But don't forget he is so "British".

The advantage is that he will very effectively offend both the English and the Scots - the English because the depth of his insincerity will be so obvious, the Scots because he will claim to to support the English.

In reply to Norrie Muir:
>
> We have got a better deal, we have got rid of Gordon Brown, you deserve someone like him.

Unkind! Nobody in England has voted for him. Ever.

Norrie Muir 22 Aug 2007
> (In reply to Norrie Muir)
>
> Unkind! Nobody in England has voted for him. Ever.

It is our revenge for you lot voting for Thatcher.
Removed User 22 Aug 2007
In reply to hutchm:
>
> It's a remarkable concept though isn't it? Supporting a team of losers just because you happen to have been born in that country. Though I suppose that sums up the Scottish electorate's relationship with the SNP.

No, it only sums up a minority of Scotland's electorate.

However, I wonder if his attendance at the game is a political bannana skin he doesn't have stand on.

Removed User 22 Aug 2007
We never voted for Chamberlain, Churchill, Eden, MacMillan ,Wilson ,Heath ,Callaghan ,Thatcher , Major or Blair.

Your turn.......
Removed User 22 Aug 2007
> (In reply to hutchm)
>
> Oh yes........
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6280663.stm
>
> Alex Salmond wasn't impressed was he

No he wasn't was he. Brown was being realistic about Scotland's chances of winning the World Cup and of course Salmond is unrealistic. No change there then.

Removed User 22 Aug 2007
In reply to Removed User:
> (In reply to Removed Usersjbutterworth)
> We never voted for Chamberlain, Churchill, Eden, MacMillan ,Wilson ,Heath ,Callaghan ,Thatcher , Major or Blair.
>
> Your turn.......

Who's we?
 thomasadixon 22 Aug 2007

Some of you voted for their parties with them as leader though. None of us voted for Brown at all.

I'm just waiting for the Independant Republic of Cumbria and Lancashire.

jesterx 22 Aug 2007
In reply to : Thomas dixon, Do you mean none of us voted for him as in none of us English or none of us Brits?
Removed User 22 Aug 2007
In reply to thomasadixon:
Don't let specifics get in the way of the the banter, bet you are one of those nit picky personality types.
Removed User 22 Aug 2007
> (In reply to Just a bhoy)
>
> I'm just waiting for the Independant Republic of Cumbria and Lancashire.

The mint cake will run out one day and you'll go running back to London cap in hand.......
 butterworthtom 22 Aug 2007
> [...]
>
> The mint cake will run out one day and you'll go running back to London cap in hand.......

Ahh the old mint cake argument. No, they've just discovered a new seam in Longsleddale - should see my lifetime out. Anyway, they'll need our water.
jesterx 22 Aug 2007
In reply to sjbutterworth: i never really understand why people from England get so worked up about people from Scotland not supporting the English team anyway. I've never heard any Scottish people worrying that English people don't support Scotland. Saying that, when i lived doon south i was quite happy to 'support' the English football team until they got to about the quarter finals and then got heartily sickened at the media frenzy. I then worried about not hearing the end of it for the next 50 years.
G A Hardie 22 Aug 2007
> Gordon Brown is going.
>
> So will he support the sassanachs

Yet another case of the wrong use of this word......

Simon22 22 Aug 2007
> [...]
>
> The mint cake will run out one day and you'll go running back to London cap in hand.......

Nah, they try to start pillaging Yorkshire first but get soundly beaten up by our border forces comprising of old miners on the back of sheep.........
In reply to G A Hardie:
> [...]
>
> Yet another case of the wrong use of this word......

And the right use of this word is......
G A Hardie 22 Aug 2007

google it - it'll give you hours of entertainment
In reply to G A Hardie:
>
> google it - it'll give you hours of entertainment

I just did - it didn't clear things up much

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...