UKC

MSR Windpro - fuel problems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Evil John 24 Aug 2007
Hi

Ive recently bought a MSR windpro, it been out on a couple of small trips with me. Initially I had no problems with it, but on the second trip I needed to change the 8oz canister. (Just a normal Colemans 80/20 can).

The new full can attached fine but when I open the valve to let gas come through to light it no gas flows through, it doesnt seem to make a difference how loose/tight I tighten the valve to the canister.

It seems to be certain canisters as some work fine, however the canisters that dont work on my Windpro, still work fine with my ‘pocket rocket’ equivalent. My main problem is that I can’t tell why they work/dont work and I can hardly take my stove into a shop and start trying out the cans to see if I can smell gas.

Anyone suffered similar problems with a windpro before? Or are Colemans canisters not very good?

Any help would be appreciated.
 Jonny Tee 69 24 Aug 2007
In reply to Evil John:

Had mine for about a year. It never seemed particularly powerful, but recently it started playing up. I'd open the valve and nothing would happen, then gas would pour through, and then it would totally stop - operating the valve would make no difference. Then it got to the stage where gas would trickle through and operating the valve would make no difference. Sent it back to MSR and they replaced it. Maybe there's a design problem with the stove.
Evil John 24 Aug 2007
In reply to Jonny Tee 69:

Ta for the reply!

Hmm the problem sounds a little similar. Just had a look at the instructions for an address - Did you have to send it back to Ireland? As I cant find a GB address?

Dont really fancy sending it to the US
OP Anonymous 24 Aug 2007
In reply to Evil John:
First Ascent UK agents and distributors for MSR

http://www.firstascent.co.uk/contact_1.html
 Jonny Tee 69 24 Aug 2007
In reply to Anonymous:

That's them, and they're really spot on to deal with.
Evil John 24 Aug 2007
In reply to Jonny Tee 69:

ha ha ha

Im from Matlock - I'll just go round - might know em

Ta again guys
 First Ascent 24 Aug 2007
In reply to Evil John: You got mail
Evil John 24 Aug 2007
In reply to First Ascent:

Id just like to say thanks to everyone who replied - I thought that this could be a real pain in the bum to get sorted - I didnt expect all these responses in just over an hour.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...