UKC

Primus Omnifuel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andy_b135 26 Aug 2007
Just bought one of these and it appears coleman gas canisters don't fit. Does anybody know which do apart from the primus ones before I buy anymore.

Cheers
Andy
Anonymous 26 Aug 2007
In reply to andy_b135: Yes they do fit it.
OP andy_b135 26 Aug 2007
In reply to Anonymous: The one I've bought doesn't, well is screws on but no gas comes out
 Martin W 26 Aug 2007
In reply to andy_b135: It seems that the Primus gas canister attachment can be a bit picky about which canisters it works with. I had a similar problem with a Karrimor canister and a Primus Multifuel. Other, non-Karrimor canisters I tried worked fine, as did a replacement Karrimor canister from the same shop. The canister that didn't work with the Primus worked fine on a different stove when the guy in the shop tried it. After that, I've made a point of always checking the particular canisters I am taking on a trip with the stove I am taking.
 withey 26 Aug 2007
In reply to andy_b135:

Quite a few stoves are like this. The pin has to be millimetre perfect otherwise it doesn't work. Always take your stove into he shop before you buy any gas, and check it works.

Your best bet is to take it back to the shop you got it from,a and try some there, to see if they work.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...