UKC

Help with TNF tent pole spec.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
karl walton 31 Aug 2007
I am looking for help in finding the spec and dimensions of the poles used on TNF's Mountain and VE 23, 24, and 25 tents. If anybody has any of these tents and a micrometer or caliper and would be willing to measure the external and (internal) diameters for me I would be very grateful.
(I guess the internal diameter might more sensibly be replaced with the external diameter of the pole joining tubes). Rough age, tent model and tube aluminium spec would be good too.
I have contacted TNF but no response so far.

Thanks in advance
Karl
In reply to karl walton: you might find discovering how to make gold from ordinary metals easier than getting a response from TNF. I had problems myself, Needlesports eventually got me the information required concerning Mountain 24 poles.

Are you going to make your own? I have micrometers at work and said tent poles but you'll have to wait till at least monday.
karl walton 31 Aug 2007
In reply to Fawksey:
Many thanks
No I'm not intending to make my own, but I am trying to sort out compatibility for replacement (2nd hand) poles for my VE 23.
I think I may just be able to last till Monday.
Thanks again.
In reply to karl walton: i know the mountain 24 poles match the newer mountain 25. i was after putting the mountain 25 fly sheet on the 24 and id need a porch pole.
karl walton 31 Aug 2007
In reply to Fawksey:
My issue is the 23 is an old obsolete model made from I believe a different version of 7075 tubing to the newer tents.
 L.A. 31 Aug 2007
In reply to karl walton: I used to have a VE23 great tent!-However pole specs for the VE23 from the North face catalogue of 1995....
E9 Easton Aluminium 8.74mm diam 7075 tempered to T9 hardness with softer T6 joint inserts, Inner wall thickness 0.64mm.
-Try calling Gus at Scottish Mountain Gear in Musselburgh,Edinburgh, he should be able to help you out.
Good luck on it.
karl walton 01 Sep 2007
In reply to L.A.:
Great thanks.
Nancy Jenkins 20 Sep 2007
In reply to karl walton:
I have a northface VE 23, what do you need? I still have the orginal paperwork that went with it maybe I can give you info from that

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...