UKC

Socks socks socks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ads Co. 04 Sep 2007
Ok, most of you will probably find this really boring, but I am after some new socks for this winter for my climbing sessions and want to know what is a good, padded sock and also warm?

Suggestions please
 thomaspassmore 05 Sep 2007
In reply to Ads Co.:
i used the smartwool mountaineer oes - i reckon they will meet your criteria
ad they dont smell - wihc is always good
expensive though!
OP Ads Co. 05 Sep 2007
In reply to thomaspassmore:

cheers for that pal, thats the type I have been looking at. I don't mind paying that for socks as my feet really got hammered on one mountain expedition so not taking that risk again, I want good socks.

Cheers again matey.

Anyone else back this up or not agree??????
 CarolineMc 05 Sep 2007
In reply to Ads Co.: Thorlo are the way forward... Their trekking sock with a coolmax liner inside for winter. They also do a slightly longer one for winter boots which are fab. They'll keep your feet snug and protect them too. C-:
MKisgreat 05 Sep 2007
In reply to CarolineMc:

2nd vote for thorlo
i found bridgedale caused blisters!
 teddy_simmon 05 Sep 2007
In reply to MKisgreat:

how strange i much prefer bridgedale but would say that thorlo are pretty good , however i would disagree with smartwool as they were really un hard wearing and wore thru in a matter of weeks as opposed to bridgedale and thorlo which lived for years

specific sock i would say bridgeedale summits are great and my advice is to layer dont go for a certain sock that is thick but layer with liners and thicker socks

just my two pennys worth

matt
 Outdoor Eddie 05 Sep 2007
In reply to Ads Co.:

X Socks are my latest discovery - bought some in the Alps a few years ago and they are brilliant! Don't get sweaty,don't ruck, can wear one pair for several days, and fit really well (they are individually shaped for each foot). I've been using the Air-Force 1 ones for most of the year but I'll be buying some warmer ones for winter.
 mart rich 05 Sep 2007
In reply to Ads Co.:
I like the smartwool mountaineering sock, but Thorlo are also good.

My best recent discovery has been how much a liner sock will reduce the chances of blisters - brilliant! I always had trouble getting boots that fit well, but liner socks have made life more comfortable.

Martin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...