UKC

Ice Factor Bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gaz.marshall 06 Sep 2007
Having recently moved to Lochaber, and what with the weather being shite for a wee while now, I've decided to look indoors for some climbing. Is there a bouldering wall at Kinlochleven's Ice Factor?
Alternatively, is anyone in need of a belay buddy down there? If so then feel free to give me a shout. It's about time I tied in....
Cheers.
Gaz.
 idiotproof 06 Sep 2007
In reply to gaz.marshall:

didnt use to have a bouldering area. Soem ok traverses round the main wall and in the feature but some ok routes sans rope. Al;so did have auto belays but after the to do about those not sure if still present
 gingerdave13 06 Sep 2007
In reply to idiotproof: yeah there is one,, there's a guy who works there on here somewhere (can't remember his name). it's been a while since i was there,, but problems were ok there's more leading potential thou (IMO)
Anonymous 06 Sep 2007
In reply to gaz.marshall: Ask at the desk and they should let you into the bouldering area which is through the secret door behind the reception past where the rental gear is stored. Quite a big bouldering wall though last time I was there they had painted the background surface making smearing a bit tricky.
 AlH 06 Sep 2007
In reply to gaz.marshall: There is a bouldering wall here, through the door behind reception (not quite a secret). We are also happy to allow traversing in the main climbing area subject to the number of roped climbers. Drop us an e-mail or give us a call if you want to know more. Say hi if you drop in.

Al @ The Ice Factor
 gingerdave13 06 Sep 2007
In reply to AlH: didn't i remember one above the shop for a while too?

or have i got confused with a completly different place?

if it helps in this recollection i recall a bar and generous seating/eating area in the centre - i'm pretty sure it was because this is where you could gear up in prep to thump some ice...
Reese 06 Sep 2007

As said above there is one, was playing in there on Sunday and got to admit its getting better. First few times I was in it was a bit messy around the walls (too many holds not enough clear problems) and the smell was nasty!

This weekend was good tho, few clear coloured routes on the flat wall while the over hangingwall you can largely make up your own problems which is nice.

OP gaz.marshall 06 Sep 2007
In reply to gaz.marshall: Cheers for all the replies. I'm probably gonna pop over this evening then, unless it turns out nice enough to boulder in the Glen(!). The view of the Ben from my office doesn't look very encouraging though....
Reese 06 Sep 2007

The view of the ben never looks that appealing unless you are very very lucky, watch out for the midges too they are hellish up here in Ft Aug!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...