UKC

new Lower Wye Valley Guide book

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dave frost 10 Sep 2007
Just spoke to cordee ... its not in yet, but they're expecting it in this week.

It will also take a couple of days to get to the shops, so it may be available by friday.

Im getting a little eager now !

Dave
 The Pylon King 10 Sep 2007
In reply to dave frost:

cool
 AJM 10 Sep 2007
In reply to dave frost:

Good to know. Looking forward to having a flick through it - the Wyndcliff section on their website looks pretty good.

Its got the potential to be both a source of inspiraion to visit and (depending on the level of regrading) a cruel cruel thing

AJM
 GrahamD 10 Sep 2007
In reply to dave frost:

Obviously the seperate Symonds Yat guide has turned out to be a good little earner
 DrGav 11 Sep 2007
In reply to dave frost:

Ahh, I've been checking at my local shop for a couple of weeks now, and no sign. Was just looking online on the climber's club site to order it! And actually couldn't find an option to buy.

Shall remain patient. My Wye Valley guide is probably the most used on my bookshelf! And i haven't even been to Wyndcliff yet.

Great area to climb in.
 nikinko 12 Sep 2007
In reply to dave frost:

bout time too! was tipped of by a local back in may not to buy a guide coz the new one was coming out.

I also rang Cordee last week before going there at the weekend to be told they were expecting it on 15th.
 Michael Ryan 12 Sep 2007
In reply to nikinko:
> (In reply to dave frost)
>
> bout time too! was tipped of by a local back in may not to buy a guide coz the new one was coming out.

And twas at UKClimbing.com News

http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=08&year=2007#39198

daveyji 14 Sep 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
Just rang Cordee...book will be available next Wednesday.
 The Pylon King 14 Sep 2007
In reply to daveyji:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
> Just rang Cordee...book will be available next Wednesday.

OP dave frost 14 Sep 2007
In reply to The Pylon King: Thye got a delivery today, so should be out middle or end of next week .... fingers crossed that is

Dave
 bpmclimb 18 Sep 2007
In reply to dave frost: Getting conflicting reports about this - spoke to Snow & Rock (Bristol) a couple of days ago and they said another month. Stanfords and Taunton Leisure don't seem to know about it at all.
 Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 18 Sep 2007
In reply to bpmclimb:

Well I've got one, so it does exist! I'm sure it will be widely available this week.

Neil
 Jem 18 Sep 2007
In reply to bpmclimb:

1st consignment was delivered to Cordee on friday (14th), with further deliveries due this week. Therefore, hopefully in the shops next week. I've had a sneak preview and am sure it won't disappoint...

Local Wye Valley climbing conditions have been perfect recently, so get out there soon with the new guide and enjoy.
 bpmclimb 21 Sep 2007
In reply to Jem: Spoke to Cordee - apparently the preliminary copies had something wrong with them - there's going to be a further (short) delay - maybe a couple more weeks they said.
Removed User 21 Sep 2007
In reply to dave frost:
I'm really sorry to have to report that we have been badly let down by our printer. After numerous and lengthy delays, Cordee received 100 copies a week ago, and some complimentaries have been distributed. However, the printing and manufacture of these copies are not of an acceptable standard and we (i.e. The Climbers' Club) have made a decision to have the book immediately reprinted by a different company. We hope to receive delivery of this reprint in November. We believe we have a high-quality product and the content will be unchanged bar amendment of a handful of very minor details.

The Wynd Cliff section sampler remains on the club's website as a free pdf download, and we may post an additional or alternative section shortly.

John Willson
OP dave frost 23 Sep 2007
In reply to Removed UserJohn Willson: Thats a real shame. People would generaly not be happy if their guidebook started falling apart after a short time though.

Would be good if you could keep us updated over the coming month or two as to progress.

Out of interest, is the new guidebook going to be a similar size to the old one ? it does fit in pockets easily for carrying on the longer routes.

Cheers

Dave
Removed User 23 Sep 2007
In reply to dave frost:
Yes, will keep you informed. The page size of the new CC house style is 120 x 175mm, a little larger than formerly which was 106 x 166. This gives photos a little more room to expand and saves those idiotic long route names running on to two lines. It's quite a bit thicker than the old guide, too! It should still be pocketable, and the CC has also had some carry pouches manufactured which it will fit into.
John
 Mark Morris 02 Oct 2007
In reply to Removed UserJohn Willson: Thanks for the update, the Wyncliffe section looks great, hope the rest matches. Also hope my friend might have sneaked a new route into Shorn at the last gasp (C. Heard)? people I've met whilst they've been route checking seem to have been really thourgh and positive.

Mark

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...